Author Topic: 2005 Chevy Equinox  (Read 13014 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: 2005 Chevy Equinox
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »
so we got the car back yesterday (1 week after dropping it off).  They replaced the front rotors and pads and replaced the drive shaft.  This has cured the scary ratteling sound and, I presume the vibration while breaking at high speeds (I haven't had to break that much yet). 

Also, the thumping sound is now gone; however, there is a NEW sound now when turning the wheel all the way in any direction while the car is in motion.   When making a sharp turn into my parking lot or parking space, there is like this not-all-that-faint grinding sound coming from the back of the car.

They didn't seem to think there were any CV joint problems and they think the thumping I heard was from the front rotors... but this is different.  I've been googlin' (which is dangerous when you don't know what you're reading) and I'm thinking maybe is something with the rear-differential gears.  Maybe the fluid is just low? I dunno.   

I'm debating how long I should wait to call the dealership back.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
>I'm debating how long I should wait to call the dealership back.

Right away?  If I have a car in for a damn week (that I just bought) and I can't even park it without it grinding at me, it's going right back to the dealer.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 06:25:39 PM »
>I'm debating how long I should wait to call the dealership back.

Right away?  If I have a car in for a damn week (that I just bought) and I can't even park it without it grinding at me, it's going right back to the dealer.

Damn right. 

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »
well, I'm going to have to call them tomorrow anyway... I noticed yesterday that one or two of the speakers weren't working any more - like they shorted out.  Then tonight, my wife was riding in the back seat with the baby and was like, "whats the sloshing sound"  so when we got home I opened the trunk and took out the liner and sure enough, the spare tire welll is filled with water.  WTF?!!!  I'm so pissed now!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »
yeah, so this morning my wife drove it to work, the whole fucking interior is flooded. fuckity fuck fuck fuck!
I called the service guy and he's waiting to hear back from the sales manager to make sure its still under warranty or some bull shit like that so I'm still waiting just to hear if/when I can bring it back in   :mad: 

EDIT: ok, he just called me back and we're on for tomorrow. I'll drop it off and they'll fix it. (or so they say)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:09:36 AM by micah »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »
Is it raining where you live or is your car just not potty trained?

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 10:56:31 AM »
we've had about 4 inches of rain in the last 3 days.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 04:00:39 PM »
The brakes wouldn't work in the winter time, but nobody believed me.

Don't drive on the ice.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 04:23:02 PM »
I'll probably die from getting hit by a car though

Stupid people driving on ice.

Stay safe out there.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
Does it have a sunroof in it?

This car is sounding like it might be better to get rid of.
This signature intentionally left blank.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »
Does it have a sunroof in it?

This car is sounding like it might be better to get rid of.

It does have a sunroof - although, its been closed and the upholstery (other then the carpets) is dry... but i suppose it could have maybe leaked and channeled down into the frame?  :dunno:

my wife found a link where people had the same problem, caused by a couple different problems:
http://www.2carpros.com/forum/2005-chevy-equinox-water-in-the-spare-tire-well-vt243410.html

at this, it does sound like it would be better to get rid of the car... but I don't think we have that option.  We traded in the other car and can't afford anything else (hell, we can't even afford this POS)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
I've read the whole thread and that sucks so bad micah :( good thing they are at least working with you and not refusing all together. Hey, maybe it is worth a try to see if you can get a different car...all they can say is 'no'.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 03:33:08 PM »
supposedly its fixed.  they said there were some loose grommets that they sealed up real well.  hopefully that was the ONLY place letting water in.  My wife's picking up the car in an hour when she gets out of work. we'll see.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »
wife picked it up.  says it still smells mildewy. previously it smelt like stale smoke.

anyone have opinions on autoshocker?  its some kind of Chlorine Dioxide realease that supposedly kills all surface stink.

http://biocidesystems.com/autoshocker1.html

it seems heavily advertised online and promises great results (although, the few reviews on amazon were less than steller)

any better ideas?    :dunno:

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 05:58:43 PM »
You could go to a detailer and get the thing pumped full of ozone.

Drive home with windows open and let it stay that way overnight, but it works wonders.  Used sparingly.  Read... in desperate circumstances.