Author Topic: Office deal  (Read 5706 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Office deal
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:24:15 PM »
I'm sticking with 2010 or whatever I have for a while.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:35:42 AM »
I'll stick with LibreOffice and Google Drive.  Haven't needed any of the Microsoft Office products in almost a decade.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:49:16 PM »
I'll stick with LibreOffice and Google Drive.  Haven't needed any of the Microsoft Office products in almost a decade.

that's because you're special.

My company recently converted to office360 - we have 1 license for our work computers and can use the other 4 for personal machines!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »
I rarely interface with another company that does not use MS Office as their standard.  I can only think of a single place that doesn't use it internally.  They still use Lotus. 

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 06:50:47 PM »
Why are you exchanging office files at all?  I can't imagine interfacing with another company with an editable document (that isn't on Google Drive).

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »
You live in a software world I guess.

Manufacturing, R&D labs, various governing bodies, and multiple tiers of vendors I associate with do have little or no truck with Google documents and similar systems.  Microsoft and their ilk have catered to and have similar systems that makes the corporate IT morons happy.  For better or worse that is the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 10:45:06 PM »
I'm in a school where the kids are straight out Google Drive - and I am almost pure MS Office.  I only use GDrive when I have something I want to share with a student.  I do too much confidential stuff to hand the keys over to Google.  Plus Google just isn't fluent enough for me.  Too much quirkiness and waiting.  I've got too many tables and headings to mess with that.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own