Author Topic: Need some flash help please  (Read 2347 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Need some flash help please
« on: May 11, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »
A customer of mine already has a website, im just doing some updating for it. Apparently the original author wants too much money to adjust a few url's and change two images. W/e dont care.

Anyway im attempting to modify the buttons in the flash header to new url's. I have the source files, as they are in the / directory. Probably an oversight on the original guys part, but lucky for me. I opened up the header file, and he has the buttons defined as movies, as they have transition effects. I cannot for the life of me find the code for changing the target url.

I'm using Adobe Flash 8 CS3
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Need some flash help please
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »
nobody? i figure there must be a onclick action somewhere, but i cant find it for the life of me
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 01:39:18 PM »
Flash sucks.. I don't do flash.  Sorry.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »
i agree w/ ober that flash sucks, especially for menus!
but anyway, you need to change the "movie control" in the "action frame".

I haven't used flash in a while and I have MX (before the 2004 version).
but on my version, you select the movie element thats being used as the link - then, open the "Actions" frame (you can use F9) then under "Movie Control" click on "goto" and it should show the current URL that is set there. Just change it.

Also, if you have the actions frame open in "Advanced" mode it shows you all the action script and you should be able to scan through it an see the links you need to change

EDIT: i think i mispoke about "goto" (like I said I haven't done this in a while) I think you want to use "ON" which has subsets like "on click" or "on mouseover"
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »
Micah your right on. I was in the action script window, and thats why i was getting do mad because it was empty. Turns out its this CS3 style windowing, i had to click into another pane and it kicked everything up instead of a blank pad.

Ok got it now, thanks alot =] Normally i dont use flash for menu's unless it fits the theme or a customer wants it built into the header. In this case it was the latter, just had to figure out the other guys method.