Author Topic: Ajax Application Examples  (Read 2079 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Ajax Application Examples
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:16:14 AM »
Any of you guys do any significant Ajax type stuff in your apps? Our apps are becoming a bit more sophisticated and we've been utilizing more dynamic code lately and I want to try and find some PetStore/Pattern type apps that show good ways to do some of these things. Books with good examples would help too.

I've been reverse engineering features on sites that I've like but I'd like to get good examples of how other folks are doing things. Right now we're just using basic stuff out of the prototype library.

We're also looking into building a highly modular mash-up sort of application that utilizes our own services but can be customized easily for multiple customers (and integrated with other services) and I'm thinking Ajaxy stuff is pretty much going to be a necessity.
This signature intentionally left blank.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Ajax Application Examples
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:04 PM »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 12:21:48 PM »
http://www.whproductions.com/daedalus

user: demo
pass: demo

That's a CMS I'm building that uses a ton of AJAX.  Ignore the current menu setup... that's being rewritten.  But once you login, go to Editing Options and select "Content" or "News".  Either will give you a good idea of how it's used. 

The JS is in the source and I can show you the PHP stuff if you care.

Oh, and the big green box at the bottom is my debug view... you can ignore that too.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »
Ober I see you use famfamfam icons. Us too.

I'll poke around a bit. In general though, how are you doing your content swapping? Just by replacing div contents with a generated page or are you parsing xml responses?

This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
Just replacing div contents.  I pull the data straight out of the DB... no XML involved.

And yeah... I love that icon set.  :)