Author Topic: Fishing 2019  (Read 3703 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Fishing 2019
« on: March 19, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »
Took advantage of the nicer weather this Sunday - and by nicer I mean sun shine and low 40s! - and took my son fishing for the first time this season. And what a start to the season it was! the very first fish I landed was a pure muskie female!! 32" and 8.1 lb - what a ride! Hopefully this spells a great fishing season! This is the first time I caught a Muskie - the fish of 10K casts!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Fishing 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:03:28 PM »
Wow! that fish is huge
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 06:13:13 AM »
Bet that was fun!

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 09:35:13 AM »
Nice catch!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:45:31 AM »
thanks guy!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »
If anything, aren't you too young? 
I think you start with whittling on your porch and drinking sweet tea, then work your way up to fly fishing.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 10:45:57 PM »
my annual fishing trip to the boundary waters is coming up in a couple of weeks! I can't wait!!

Even if you're not into fishing, but you love the outdoors, you should make it out to the wilderness that is the Boundary Waters Canoe Area https://bwca.com/ - or if you're Perspective you should go to Quetico Provicial Park - although I suspect there are even more beautiful areas in Canada. There is nothing quite like the BWCA anywhere else in the USA.

Just look at all these lakes!! And we will be exploring the ones marked in red - we might go further if the bite is weak, but it has never been weak before :D

So far I have been going with my friends only, but I am looking forward to going with my kids in a few years. This is super remote, and I want them to be a bit older, more self reliant, and more responsible before I take them.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 12:32:54 AM »
did I tell you guys my son started a night crawler farm? yep, he did. And he feeds them and all. Yep, he does.

I figured that I spent anywhere between $300-$500 on night crawlers for fishing last year. A dozen ranges in cost from $3.50 to $6.50. So a few months ago I purchased 500 large fully grown Canadian nightcrawlers for $58 (from a website). He made two large bins he kept them in and feeds them once a week or so. A couple weeks ago he saw some "babies" so they must like their environment enough to reproduce. I hope that I will not have to buy bait in a long time!

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 12:50:59 AM »
so cool.  n00b question, what do you feed worms?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:29 AM »
so cool.  n00b question, what do you feed worms?

anything you would put into compost - but they don't eat much. So we just save coffee grinds and used tea bags and they eat it all up.