Author Topic: Kingdom of Heaven  (Read 3446 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Kingdom of Heaven
« on: May 07, 2005, 11:42:57 AM »
Another epic. Not too bad this time - but boring at times, and too long. The battles were not as "grand" as in other epics, but the story was decent. Served as a good social commentary for our times. I predict the movie wont do too well, especially with Episode 3 coming out soon - and hence "Hanibal" will probably be the last epic made.

Overall, 6.5/10 Wait for the DVD
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Sang-drax

• You created me, friend, you created me.
  • Jackass IV
    • http://strandmark.com
Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 01:08:01 PM »
I feared this movie would depict muslims as pure evil, but judging from the reviews, that hasn't been the case, which is a good thing.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 10:06:23 PM »
Quote from: Sang-drax
I feared this movie would depict muslims as pure evil, but judging from the reviews, that hasn't been the case, which is a good thing.

not at all. There is a fraction of catholics (the templars) that are seen pretty evil, everybody else is depicted well.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »
I saw this yesterday.  Some obvious connections to modern day Jerusalem (and the closing text made it very obvious for those not paying attention).  I really enjoyed this movie - it wasn't your typical epic, certainly a lot better than Troy – gave you a bit to think about without hammering home the point of the story.  Good to see Orlando Bloom in a leading role & the supporting cast were all top notch.  7.5/10 from me.