Author Topic: Tea Drinkers?  (Read 2838 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Tea Drinkers?
« on: January 03, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
So, after visiting this great little local tea shop the gf and I have sort of started to become tea snobs. I'm still a coffee snob too but I'm leaning more and more towards tea lately. We're working our way through the different varieties they have at the shop and our next visit I'm going to try some Puerh. I'm thinking I might like that the best.

This all started cause she was starting to kick her caffeine habit and dropped coffee. Surprisingly, it turns out that getting good loose leave isn't all that expensive either, especially compared to nicer bag brands (i.e. not lipton). Moving from bag tea to loose leaf is sort of like stepping up from ground Folgers to nice whole bean. Finally, the tea I make myself tastes delicious.

Any of you guys tea snobs? What's your favorite?
This signature intentionally left blank.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Tea Drinkers?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
I like white tea and Earl Grey.  Usually with honey.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
we drink a lot of tea too. That is almost all my boy drinks - fruit tea with honey and lemon, same with my wife. I prefer black teas - earl gray is my fav; lemon and sugar.

We also like "better" tea from time to time, and I order it from here: http://www.twoleavesandabud.com/

we had it once in a restaurant in CO and we were hooked - try it.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:12:15 PM »
If it's black, I'm usually a fan.  My Favs:

Early Grey (no lemon, just Equal; if it steeps to long and starts getting a little bitter, I'll throw in a splash of half&half)
Darjeeling (lemon & Equal)
English Breakfast & Early Grey combined (discovered by accident and it was tasty - have to be sure not to steep too long or it gets nasty, about 2.5 mins max!)

I've never tried puerh, you'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Shameless plug - I get my teas form Golden Moon Tea since back home, there's really not a good "tea" shop.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »
I recently started drinking tea.  I'm a green tea fan, usually some citrus flavor.  I usually throw in some honey and a touch of sugar.  I'm no snob though... Lipton/Celestial Seasonings is fine with me.  I wouldn't mind trying the better stuff though.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:04:10 AM »
For loose tea, we normally have barley tea or brown rice green tea

Recently, I've also been drinking a good amount of citrus tea or ginger tea from preserves because it's cold and I'm sickly.

I only add honey to "Western" made teas. Is that weird?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 07:39:26 AM »
For loose tea,

we don't do any loose ea anymore. My parents used to d that a lot when I was a kid...I really don't remember the last time I had loose tea. I do have this cool egg shaped loose tea holder though :p
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »
I love tea. Green tea with some form of citrus is my favorite (as ober already mentioned). There's a chain of stores popping up all over the place in Canada called "David's Tea", they have a good selection of loose teas. I'm not much of a tea snob though, I'm equally happy with lipton or the stuff I bought at a market in Singapore.

I also drink a lot of Mate, I guess that would fit in the tea category.