Author Topic: Older IE Installs (Stand alone)  (Read 2945 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Older IE Installs (Stand alone)
« on: April 14, 2008, 04:19:26 PM »
After finding out we have to support some old browser versions I finally found this. It's easily then running an old VM just to pretend like it's 2000 again.

http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Older IE Installs (Stand alone)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:39:33 PM »
I say screw anyone using less than 6.0.  Security degrades even worse before that and you open yourself up to a lot of risk.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:29:06 AM »
I say screw anyone using less than 6.0.  Security degrades even worse before that and you open yourself up to a lot of risk.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »
Yeah, but I even hate IE6. And soon I'm even going to hate IE8. It's really a pain to have to check your applications in half a dozen different browsers; half of which you know don't play well with others. I was reading through the new compatibility of IE8 and some of the stuff looks better but there are stupid things like changing default settings but not implementing an override ability. It's one thing to play different then other browsers, but to play different from yourself from version to version (without getting better) is just horrible.
Really, I wish people would stop using IE. That would make my life much easier as a developer. We encountered the peek-a-boo bug recently (with someone using IE6) and I almost trying to convince my boss that the solution was to tell them to use a better browser. I mean, reallyl, IE7 has been out for years now.

End of current ranting.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »
Yea the debates between FF and Opera get heavy, but there isnt a soul on either side that wouldnt tell an IE user to get as clue.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
I am happy when I can convert an IE user to any other browser.  Nothing wrong with FF, S, or O.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
Thats what i mean. I'm diehard opera, but if someone uses IE im happy even to see them move to FF.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?