Author Topic: Kermi's Otterbox fares well!  (Read 1266 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Kermi's Otterbox fares well!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:04:04 PM »
So interestingly, about a month ago, I ditched my otterbox.  I should have posted about.  I didn't have one, but I always admired the otterbox for the iphone 3g/gs (I actually had the Speck Toughskin that's #5 on there), but the 4 was a disappointment.  It was fairly tough, but it didn't feel as tough.  One of the things I like is a tough and durable feel out of my case.

Worse yet, it fell apart.  Over time, the various rubber flaps and panels fell off - the one over the earphone (half the top) and the silence switch are gone and the bottom is tearing.  Final problem (worst of all), the hole from the front facing camera is so small that it collects a lot of dust.  Since this acts as the ambient light/proximity sensor, I would consistently push buttons with my cheek when I was on the phone.

So as it happened, after seeing an amazing youtube video (bottom), I went ahead and got the Griffen survivor (the one that won).  I love it.  I've had  a couple of drops.  No biggie.  It's definately tough and feels hardy.  The only problem is the camera is covered by rubber, so to use the camera you have to hold back the flap.  There's nothing else between the camera and the air, so you can't snip away that flap.  The belt clip is great too - I haven't used it as a clip yet, but it makes a great stand for watching videos.  We'll see how it fares with time and use...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XJtbYaEbM
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »
I liked the otterbox, but on my 3GS I went with the Oakley version. I could have let a professional pitcher put it in a wall at 80mph and I bet it would have protected it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:35:57 PM »
Yea, the 4G was a real disappointment compared to my dad's 3GS otterbox...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own