Author Topic: Fantasy Football '06  (Read 101888 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Fantasy Football '06
« Reply #480 on: January 01, 2007, 12:02:32 AM »
Ahhhhh...... fuck.

Congrats dude.  I'll take second.  :)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #481 on: January 01, 2007, 02:09:04 AM »
WTF is going on with the officiating in the Denver/SF game?  These guys need to know how to call an end of a play.

:D

Those announcers were annoying. The officials did fine. They missed the call on the 49er fumble but acted correctly based on what they thought they saw. The only weird thing was the umpire looking at the other official instead of down at the play as it was happening.

:shrug:

Congrats CShot... well done.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #482 on: January 01, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »
>>And you're thinking Jim Mora should keep his job?

Jim Mora's locker room isn't making comments about it being the rest of the teas fault or the coach's fault every day.  He just doesn't know how to use Vick.

Congratz CShot.

BTW - I got to go to the Saint's game yesterday.  We got there late.  Just in time to see Drew Brees get called off the field to a standing and confused ovation/booing.  A bit of a bummer.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Cshot

• Jackass III
  • Green Member
« Reply #483 on: January 01, 2007, 03:35:19 PM »
Good games all.

I'd like to put in a couple of suggestions for next season. Hopefully I'll remember to bring it up again next season.

- Make Week 16 the last game. This year turned out all right but sometimes teams sits their starters in Week 17 if they've already clinched.

- Waiver priority Can we change this in fleaflicker? I think kerm will back me up on this one.

- Trade deadlines. To prevent player dumping.

- Defensive Points Allowed. I think holding teams to say something less than 10 points should be worth something. Shutouts are worth 10 pts but holding opponents to say 3 pts is worth squat.

Think we should do fleaflicker again next year. Really like the free live scoring feature.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #484 on: January 01, 2007, 03:58:20 PM »
I agree on all counts.  The waiver settings were awful.  I had last pick (of the poeple who were picking) for weeks on end even though my players were getting hurt.  I liuke yahoo!'s system that adds a rotating aspect into it a lot more.  Of course, I'd give it up for live scoring...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #485 on: January 02, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »
Yeah, I think we'll stick with Fleaflicker... I even emailed the owner and he said they're working on a lot of stuff for next year, and player news is at the top of the list.

I'll agree on all counts above.  I think all that stuff can be adjusted.

Again, congrats Cshot.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #486 on: January 02, 2007, 10:14:40 AM »
> Jim Mora's locker room isn't making comments about it being the rest of the teas fault or the coach's fault every day.  He just doesn't know how to use Vick.

So Coughlin should be fired for losing his locker room, but Mora's allowed to fantasize on national radio about a crappy college job?  OK.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #487 on: January 02, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »
Mora was joking, and Coughling can't hold disciplin.  The giants lost because they had no disciplin.  The Falcons didn't lose because Mora made a bad joke.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #488 on: January 02, 2007, 02:41:40 PM »
What are you talking about?  The Giants won, and are in the playoffs.

Listening to that interview, it really didn't sound like a joke.  I guess you know the inside of his soul since he was your neighbor and all, but the rest of the free world was pretty sure he wasn't joking.  The Falcons FO sure didn't seem to think so.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #489 on: January 02, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »
On a brighter note, the Broncos get knocked out of the playoffs then lose a very promising young cornerback in a matter of hours :(

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #490 on: January 02, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »
Mora was joking.  It was dumb and ill spoken, but it was a joke.  Did you hear his appology?  I don't think Coughlin will lose his job, nor should he.  But I think there's more wrong with the internals of that theam than there is in Atlanta. 

It's a good thing that Mora is leaving Atl...he isn't the right coach for Vick.  God only knows who is, maybe WVU's coach can come up the the big time.  But Coughlin isn't working in NYG either.  That team's lucky to be in the playoffs

Yea tough break for the Broncos PJ.  There's always next year with your new QB.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #491 on: January 02, 2007, 10:10:19 PM »
You said this on the last page, re: Coughlin getting fired
Quote from: kermi3
He should.  He has absolutely no control of that team and no disciplin or respect in the locker room.
So should he, or shouldn't he?

Never mind, don't answer.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #492 on: January 03, 2007, 01:01:25 AM »
you know I can't express myself coherently.  I don't think he's the right coach for that team or for Eli.  He spends too much time competing to be the one in charge.  Maybe next year with Tiki gone he'll have a chance.  I'd like to see what he can do there for one more year, but with the talent on that team, they should be much better than they are and if they don't show it, I'd look for a new coach.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #493 on: January 04, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #494 on: January 04, 2007, 05:56:55 PM »
I thought for sure that would be an article on how the Lions decided to keep Millen. That's the real reason you want to give a fuck you to Detroit.