Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Food and Naked Yodeling / Re: Local Beer
« Last post by KnuckleBuckett on Today at 06:00:27 AM »
We just bottled an Orange Blossom honey mead that turned out as good as and better than anything we have yet purchased.  Yums.

Typically the Quad State has a jerked chicken booth we can't get enough of.

Music / New Guitar :)
« Last post by Perspective on September 24, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »
I've been working for a while on a "project" to sell a bunch of old guitars that have spent years sitting in cases, and replace them with a couple that I like and play regularly. So far I've sold three guitars, and for one also received some simple recording gear as part of a trade. Still have an electric (Ibanez) and one nylon classical to sell.

The plan is to have one nice acoustic, one nice electric, and maybe a few "others" like a nylon classical and a ukulele or two :)

For the acoustic, I'll keep my Taylor 310ce. It's cracked and pretty worn but I love that guitar more than anything. Sounds great and plays amazing.
For the electric, I just bought a used Fender American Standard Telecaster, natural wood grain colour. I found it used for an amazing price and the thing looks practically brand new. Spent some time last night playing with it and it feels sooooo good. It's a 2012 model which has a rib cut in the back (instead of the traditional boxy cut) which is way more comfortable when sitting. Can't wait to get home and find some more time to play, I feel like a kid again :)

« Last post by ober on September 24, 2018, 08:20:28 AM »
Oh man sometimes the food is the best part.  I think there were 7 or 8 food trucks at this one over the weekend.  I had a really good pulled pork sandwich.
« Last post by KnuckleBuckett on September 24, 2018, 06:06:07 AM »
The finish on some beer is truly horrifying eh?  I could tell you a story about a lobster beer that might keep you up at night.

Wish you were local on the 6th.  The Quad State Beerfest is epic.  Not too big, not too small, awesome crowd and great food to go with great beer. 
« Last post by ober on September 23, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
Went to a local beer fest yesterday.  Confirmed that Sibling Revelery is still damn good and some of the other local ones... not so much.  I feel tricked when a beer tastes good going down and then the after taste is just awful.
Open Discussion / Re: ESink Tips Megathread
« Last post by ober on September 23, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »
It was bad enough that we had to see that... now I have THAT mental image.  JESUS H CHRIST
Words hurt
I'm not sure if that's sarcastic or if you were truly offended.  If the latter, I apologize.  My post was meant to be sarcastic.  You look great man :)  I'm jealous.
« Last post by KnuckleBuckett on September 23, 2018, 05:12:50 AM »
I disagree with the sunglasses.  I've shelled out for nice polarized glasses the last few times and had each pair for years.  Because of the cost I've been a lot more aware of not losing them.  And polarized is just worth it (though the cost of them have been going down).
+1
« Last post by Mike on September 22, 2018, 10:45:42 AM »
I disagree with the sunglasses.  I've shelled out for nice polarized glasses the last few times and had each pair for years.  Because of the cost I've been a lot more aware of not losing them.  And polarized is just worth it (though the cost of them have been going down).
« Last post by Govtcheez on September 21, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »
Be able to admit when you're wrong.  People fuck up all the time, even if they are really smart or know what they're doing.  Sticking to your supposed infallibility will never make anything better.  Best case: you alienate people and look like an asshole.  Worst case: whatever you fucked up snowballs into a much bigger problem
« Last post by Govtcheez on September 21, 2018, 07:35:57 PM »
It was bad enough that we had to see that... now I have THAT mental image.  JESUS H CHRIST
Words hurt
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10