Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon / Re: NBA
« Last post by Jake on Today at 10:38:55 AM »
Toronto isn't happy: https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors/derozan-was-so-much-more-than-just-the-numbers-he-put-up-for-raptors

Not to mention...
He leaves as the all-time Raptors leader in games played, points, field goals and free throws to name just a few of his firsts.

oh yeah. This is a HUUUUUGE gamble for the team. DeMar was a franchise player. People loved him there. And I think he loved being there as well. Poor guy probably thought he will play their until the end of his career.
« Last post by ober on Today at 10:37:34 AM »
From everything I read, he's not happy about the move.  He intended to retire as a Raptor.
« Last post by Perspective on Today at 10:17:25 AM »
Toronto isn't happy: https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors/derozan-was-so-much-more-than-just-the-numbers-he-put-up-for-raptors

Not to mention...
He leaves as the all-time Raptors leader in games played, points, field goals and free throws to name just a few of his firsts.
« Last post by Jake on Today at 09:37:40 AM »
From the little basketball I watched DeRozan really carried the team. I think they should have moved Lowry instead...

I bet they tried that, but it wasn't enough.
« Last post by Perspective on Today at 09:27:43 AM »
From the little basketball I watched DeRozan really carried the team. I think they should have moved Lowry instead...
« Last post by charlie on Today at 12:58:09 AM »
I think Toronto was ready to let go of DeRozan (or Lowry) anyway since they weren't really going very far with the team they had last year. Maybe that's a bad idea with LeBron gone from the East but then again this gives them a better team with Kawhi healthy so maybe they're going all in this year and rebuild if he leaves next year.
« Last post by ober on July 18, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »
I know that deal was a rumor a while ago.  I'm surprised he didn't go to Philly.  Does Toronto even have a coach replacement yet? 
« Last post by Jake on July 18, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
Wow on the DeMar/Kawhi trade. Holy cow. I think that Toronto will come out the loser on that deal when Kawhi leaves next year
Tough break again

The third place qualifier is always a weird match. The players are already so distraught about losing the semi-final that they don't really play the same way as a regular elimination match.
Open Discussion / Re: Lawn stuff...
« Last post by Perspective on July 16, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »
Might be wise to bump it up an inch.

Yeah, I think 3" is ideal but I try to go a little lower so I don't have to cut as often. With the heat we've been having I should just stop mowing all together (I haven't for a couple of weeks now already).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10