Author Topic: BF4  (Read 9935 times)

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: BF4
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »
Bros don't care about SP which is the majority of the demographic

The truth is I hardly care about SP in any game because if the game is good it will amount to about 1% of my play time, but I'd be surprised if the crashes don't happen in MP as well.
a new friend (well, my wife's friend's husband) recomends BF 3 or COD so I was thinking of using my amazon christmas money to get BF4 instead of COD:Ghosts but I read about the bugs on amazon reviews (it has more 1 star reviews then 5 star... I don't think I've ever seen that before.)

I've never played anythign in the Battlefield franchise before but maybe i'll just get BF3 as my first foray? :dunno:   that or Halo 4 which has been out for over a year but I never played.
BF3 was ok as far as I remember, but for some unkown reason I never got into the multiplayer. I think maybe with the BF games you really need a good group of people to play with since teamwork is so important, and none of my friends play it. CoD is just CoD; if you enjoyed one, you'll enjoy all of them until you get bored. For Halo, anything after Halo 3 is not worth buying IMO, unless you only want it for the single player. The franchise turned to crap when they changed the matchmaking system.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 04:21:37 PM »
I had a few hundred hours into each of the last few BF series released and I have loved all of them. The SP is always lacking but I actually thought it was decent in 4. It didn't crash once on me but I'm also playing normal and playing on PC.

Crashing has always been an issue with each release which is why I give it a few months to jump in. The deadlines... Hang on.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »
Sorry, I was typing on my phone and had too much to say.  The deadlines are set by some marketing/corporate schmuck and also driven by the releases of COD as well.  Rushed software is not good software.  My company learned that quite well with our last major release (biggest and buggiest in company history and released to be out at the beginning of a big trade show).

Yeah I had some crashes the first few times I played but there have been consistent patches recently and I played 14 rounds last night with 1 crash.  I'm not complaining.

And the gameplay is unparalleled IMO.  A guy tried to knife me the other night and I was able to fucking BLOCK that shit.  HOW COOL IS THAT?  And some of the other stuff you can do in this game is just crazy-town.

@Micah, don't bother with 3.  You'd just be wasting your time.  The weapons are different in 4 and the gameplay/configuration/menus are different so you'd have to learn some of it all over again.  Plus you don't have the commander aspect in 3.

I think the MP is pretty spectacular even without being part of a big group.  You get put in a squad immediately when joining a server and most of my squads seem to work together on some level and you can friend people that do play well together and hook up with them again later.  I found a random guy back in 3 and he and I hooked up again last night for a half dozen rounds.  It was a blast.  :-)  I won't say it wouldn't hurt to find a platoon or whatever they're calling them in 4 but it's not a must IMO.  Hell, find me (ober0330).  I usually play a couple nights per week from 10:30-12:30ish EST if that suits your game-time (and you're on PC).

Also, I've been playing Commander on my iPad randomly too and I have to say that is pretty damn cool.  I can be anywhere and still be having a blast with the game, even on my phone although I haven' tried that yet.

Anyways, I'm going to get off my soapbox.  I just wanted to say I fuckin love the game.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
Well I'm definitely gonna give BF4 a try in MP. I'm sure I'll have some fun, will have to wait and see if I get addicted.

I will say that I finished the single player yesterday and thought it seemed way too short, with a lackluster ending. Played a bit more SP CoD today and it's definitely way more fun and a longer story line (even if it is a similar plot to the other games)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 12:33:08 AM »
Fun in the BF series is directly proportional to how well you know the maps.