Author Topic: Battlefield 1  (Read 13416 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Battlefield 1
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 07:02:42 PM »
he says that some of the realistic guns in games like battle field and CoD are actually licensed by the gun manufactures, since they're using the likeness and name of the company's trademarks.

therefore, when you buy a game that has these virtual guns, by extension, you are giving money to gun makers and this could create an ethical dilemma for people who don't like guns in real life but have no qualms about shooting digital people in the face with the super realistic virtual guns.

Its nice of him to point this out for people who care.... although, I find it interesting that there are people who like shooting fake guns yet are so adverse to real guns that they don't want manufactures to profit.  Like, if you're that anti-gun why do you play gun-based video games?  And on the flip side, if you can understand the fun of shooting guns in video game, can't you maybe understand why people like to own and shoot them IRL?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 02:37:17 PM »
I didn't see that as his point.  He himself said he doesn't like guns but doesn't care if someone else has them (I think I'm remembering his wording correctly).  I don't think most people that play these types of games have problems with guns in general.  I think there are higher numbers of people that take issue with ultimately funding other things unintentionally, which is what his point was.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 05:33:05 PM »
I'm shocked they have to actually pay licensing fees for historical accuracy.

I'm not. I'm sure car makers are involved in the way their vehicles are depicted in video games, why not other items?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 09:43:31 AM »
Looks sort of fun, but I'm going to hold off for a bit.  I want to see if it fades like Hardline and Battlefront before diving in.  I like the modern shooters (BF3/4) and I'm not thrilled about the BF1 setting.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 11:30:48 PM »
this game looks wicked
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 09:04:49 AM »
Yes, I saw the horses.  I've been watching videos for months and one of the channels that I subscribe to on YouTube has been live streaming gameplay every day for a week.