Author Topic: NBA  (Read 52 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
NBA
« on: April 15, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
in the 90's, when Bulls rained supreme, I would watch as many games as I could. I remember spending the time with my dad, fresh immigrants, learning and loving the game. After that, it was every once in a while, then I favored football, and then I stopped watching sports all together. I decided to give it another shot in the last off season - yes, the NBA off season was full of drama, and it was spectacular. The season it self was pretty great as well. I actually only watched a few games, but follow the entire league closely and would watch highlights almost daily (Instagram is great for that type of thing BTW). And now the playoffs are here - and I will watch as many games as I can.

The difference this time around is that I am not rooting for any one team especially - but I mostly track what my favorite and more interesting players are doing. I do wish that Thunder will win the Championship this year, but it is highly unlikely with the way that both Rockets and GSW have been playing. Westbrook is my favorite player.

Anyone else watching the NBA?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: NBA
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:16:11 AM »
Love it.  Like you, I used to watch a lot in the 90s.  I started watching more in the past 5 years or so and got really into it with the Cavs doing so well.  My kids both love basketball and we all watch the games together (even my wife).  We went to a Cavs game earlier this year and we went to one of the Finals watch parties last year which was surprisingly fun :)

I do follow the entire league and watch a lot of highlights and stay up on the news.  And I have to say that I don't like Westbrook.  There is a reason Harden and Durant left OKC and I think it is him.  No one averages a triple double for the season and is a team player.  Sorry.  I don't think they have a shot at the title either.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:49:10 AM »
Love it.  Like you, I used to watch a lot in the 90s.  I started watching more in the past 5 years or so and got really into it with the Cavs doing so well.  My kids both love basketball and we all watch the games together (even my wife).  We went to a Cavs game earlier this year and we went to one of the Finals watch parties last year which was surprisingly fun :)

It helps when your team is doing well, that is for sure! my daughter and wife are not interested at all, and my son is just starting to get interested, so we'll see how that turns out.

And I have to say that I don't like Westbrook.  There is a reason Harden and Durant left OKC and I think it is him.

He is a super polarizing player. you either love him or hate him. I just love watching him play - he is super explosive and is entertaining both on the court and in the interviews :D as for Harden and KD leaving, it is hard to have two superstars on a single team, let alone three - at that point no one is satisfied with how much they get to touch the ball.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:22:39 AM by Jake »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:04:46 AM »
I got into it a couple of years back when the raptors made a playoff run. I like it when it's competitive (teams are evenly matched) but regular season games I don't enjoy that much....

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
as for Harden and KD leaving, it is hard to have two superstars on a single team, let alone three - at that point no one is satisfied with how much they get to touch the ball.
Really?  Seems like the Cavs have done it alright (fuck Kyrie - the dude is a flat-earther... give me a break).  And the Warriors?  The Rockets have done really well despite everyone's concerns with Harden and CP.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 11:54:40 AM »
Been watching/following the NBA for 33 years, since the Kings moved to Sacramento. The Kings were only good for about 6 of those years but I still follow the rest of the league. It's definitely gotten more fun/exciting in the last 5 years or so.

For now I'm pretty busy, so I don't watch much (especially since I no longer get the Kings games where I live). I do have sports people in my twitter feed and occasionally I'll listen to an NBA related podcast so that's mostly how I end up keeping up to date on what's happening. I'll watch playoff games here and there and probably a lot of the finals.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 12:00:33 PM »
Also, I don't really love or hate Westbrook. :D

I tend to root for guys that a lot of people hate, especially if the reasons for the hate are dubious. Westbrook falls into that category just enough that I do kinda want him to succeed, but not enough that I actively root for him.

LeBron on the other hand, is entirely there, and so I've ended up wanting Cleveland (and previously Miami) to win when it got down to the finals.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »
Woot!  The King reigns supreme :)

ethic

• Gay Pride
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 05:52:16 PM »
Remember when the Utah Jazz destroyed the Chicago Bulls in the 1996 World Superbowl?
I watch you...
:rad: :rad: