Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 8281 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Fortnite
« on: May 24, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
Any of you guys play?  I downloaded and played for the first time last night.  I spend more time joining new rounds than actually playing.  Any tips?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »
Interesting... I guess I was curious on opinions on Fortnite though?  I'm going to assume you don't like it?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:44:16 AM »
I have not played it.

My old coworker, who is a big time gamer geek who watches twitch and is in all the gaming forums, was all about overwatch but I never heard him talk about fortnite which is weird because it seems to be the new rage. I keep hearing about it everywhere, even in the season finally of Silicon Valley last week.

From what you've played so far, is it good?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 10:10:24 AM »
Like I said... I spent more time going back to the lobby to find a new game than I did playing it because I died so frequently.  Based on what I've seen so far, it seems like you could hide in a corner of the map until close the end and outlast people and I guess that's a strategy but it seems kind of boring.

If this is any indication, I played BF4 last night instead of it.  And I should say that I'm glad I didn't pay for the game?  It also pissed me off that it required their own fucking system instead of Steam/Origin.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
I have not, but have played PUBG and it is awesome. I played so much that I had to delete it a couple months back. I think you would like this more than fortnite
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 08:18:46 AM »
Neither PUBG nor Fortnite are my thing.  I have no interest in lobby gaming and that is what it would be for me. 

I think  you might enjoy Overwatch.  I did for a while, but in that I play many games not just one, I only play it now and again with the group in my chat.

I have spent a ton of time enjoying Far Cry 5 lately.  Wonderful game for the most part.  Next up is the new-ish Prey.  After that is Assassins Creed Origins.  I fill in the holes with Overwatch, Vermintide (a blast), and STO.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »
I'm not sure what lobby gaming means.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:43 PM »
I have not and after dealing with Epic's game support WILL NOT.  Someone signed up with my email address and it was a royal pain in the ass to get it deleted.  And they kept spamming me with login attempt emails.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
I'm not sure what lobby gaming means.

You spend the entire game respawning or in the wait until the game resets lobby.  Yuck.