Author Topic: Server is fine  (Read 3083 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Server is fine
« on: February 21, 2019, 09:40:37 AM »
Jake and kermi hit me up this morning because the site was not accessible.  The server is fine.  My domain registrar, for the second time, suspended one of my domains because the contacts weren't verified.  That's been corrected.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Server is fine
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 11:44:28 AM »
I saw it too but didn't complain 'cause I figured someone else would or you'd notice.  Good turn around town.

Related anecdote that nots relevant to anyone here. I used to use an app called mySugr for monitoring blood sugar. They had a web portal you could log into. I tried going there the other day and it just timed out with a redirect error. I contacted customer support and they were like "oh, we got rid of the web portal last December."  But there's still a big "log in" button on their website that goes to that site and there's no messaging saying it doesn't work. and the site (on a subdomain of their main domain) just hangs and eventually times out with a redirect error. No real error message from them or even a 404.  Just a bad customer experience.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:12:52 PM »
Jake and kermi hit me up this morning because the site was not accessible.  The server is fine.  My domain registrar, for the second time, suspended one of my domains because the contacts weren't verified.  That's been corrected.

wait, Kermi is still around?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 02:26:31 PM »

you gotta know how to reach him :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 02:50:37 PM »
leave a mark with chalk on the mailbox at the corner.  Then wait at the coffee shop.  a man with a yellow hat will slip you an envelope with a key. the key opens a locker at the bus depot with a phone in it.  When the phone rings, await further instructions to find Kermi.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »

I'm just surprised he'd be one of the first to notice the site is down!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »
He's still alive.  Here's the proof.  And apparently he just happened to pop in for the few hours that this affected us.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 12:36:17 AM »

I'm just surprised he'd be one of the first to notice the site is down!

I noticed it and chatted him to confirm. He then connected with Ben on a three way. Bam!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 07:58:56 AM »
Let's not say 'three way' so casually......

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 08:18:14 AM »
Was it really more of a 2 way on a fur carpet?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 09:04:31 PM »
.... grrrr