Author Topic: What is ES reading?  (Read 82904 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: What is ES reading?
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »
Nope. Not gonna get that. Sorry.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »
this was a super busy week at work for me, but I got through a few chapters of the hunger games...pretty cool, but I don't like first person story telling :( plus, and I don't want to sound like a snob, so far this is written in a super simple way. I think I was hoping for something more adult.
It's teen literature.  What did you expect??

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:16 PM »
this was a super busy week at work for me, but I got through a few chapters of the hunger games...pretty cool, but I don't like first person story telling :( plus, and I don't want to sound like a snob, so far this is written in a super simple way. I think I was hoping for something more adult.
It's teen literature.  What did you expect??

:dunno:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2012, 11:05:03 PM »
I'm reading "Survive!" by Les Stroud
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »
So just finished the hunger games; the first person and style was a short lived obstacle, once i got into it it read really nice. Slight differences in the movie, but for the most part the movie is an excellent portrayal of the book. I'm looking forward to the second book :) hopefully tomorrow.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »

Les Stroud is the man. Les Stroud > Bear Grylls (or however you spell that).

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »

It is spelt: Piss Drinker

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
What is ES reading?
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
Glad you got into it Jake. The second book is pretty good too. I won't say they go downhill after the first because they were all good but I did like them in order.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2012, 12:51:23 PM »

In his book he says:

"Let's ride ourselves of the notion that Survival has anything to do with "man vs wild"." He goes on to explain that the very phrase man vs wild is stupid, but you can tell he is really making his point :D

Bear is a jackass.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »
Glad you got into it Jake. The second book is pretty good too. I won't say they go downhill after the first because they were all good but I did like them in order.

So I'm done with book two, and a thiud into book three, and I agree with you Ober: the first book was by far better than these last two are. I'm kind of getting annoyed with Katnnis' train of thought, and I keep reminding my self that she is a 17 year old girl in a book written for other 17 year olds :)

and btw, I am really looking forward to the second movie?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »

I dunno, are you?

I ordered the first book of Amazon. I really liked the movie, just waiting for the book to get here so I can start it. Right now I am finishing up yet another version of The Art of War. This one is a difficult read to be honest, and I'm not sure there is any benefit to be gained from it but it is supposed to be more "authentic" then some of the others. This one is "Art of War" by Ralph D. Sawyer.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:12 PM »
Well, I read the second book in "A Song of Ice and Fire."  That's about the second book I've read this year. It's really interesting to read the books after watching the series. And now I've got to decide if I should continue the trend and wait until the next season airs to read the third book...

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2012, 06:24:07 AM »

So I'm done with book two, and a thiud into book three, and I agree with you Ober: the first book was by far better than these last two are. I'm kind of getting annoyed with Katnnis' train of thought, and I keep reminding my self that she is a 17 year old girl in a book written for other 17 year olds :)

Books 2 and 3 were considerably worse.  By the end I hated the main character. 

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »
I finished book three on the plane. Half way into it, I lost interest and finished it just to finish it. Overall it was a pretty entertaining series, and I'm happy I read it.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
I see what you guys mean about Hunger Games book vs movie. I am halfway through the first book and it is loaded with information and story the movie neglected. Some of it is important. I thought the movie was good but when you see how much backgroud they skipped it wasnt so good.