Author Topic: bottle cap table  (Read 2051 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
bottle cap table
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
I've been collecting beer bottle caps for a while with an idea of using them in a project one of these days. That day is here! I started to make a table for the porch, and was sanding the top when an idea came to me. The rest is history. Routed out the inside of the top, lined up all the bottle caps with my son, two coats of clear resin, and voila - a new table was born!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: bottle cap table
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »
I think that's the best usage of bottle caps I've seen in a long time.  Very nice!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 03:54:19 PM »
I think that's the best usage of bottle caps I've seen in a long time.  Very nice!

thank you. I've seen wall panels made out of bottle caps. There were three of them and they were huge. Something like 5 by 8. It was at a bar and I wish I took some pictures of it. I can't imagine the amount of caps that went into that. I bet my table has over 200.

Speaking of the which, I do need to count and come up with some games for kids with the table :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 06:18:10 PM »
I have a ton of em saved too.  Not sure what I am going to do with them.  Yet.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 07:02:53 PM »
I saved hundreds of Dasani water bottle caps from work once. Don't think they would have made quite as pretty of a table, though.