Author Topic: ober hates chicken wings  (Read 40019 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: ober hates chicken wings
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
I bite my cuticles so maybe I just like the taste of skin.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2014, 07:23:16 PM »
It happened
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2014, 07:53:09 PM »
Beautiful.

Seriously... yours is much more beautiful than mine. We don't even mix the sauce with the meat, we just dip.

I'm really hungry right now.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
Trader Joe's!  I had those for dinner tonight on Govt's rec!  I did mine over some fried rice....ate too much....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2014, 08:01:34 AM »
that is why ober looooooves KFC. that chicken doesn't even have skin when it is alive! ;) hahaha

http://dailybuzzlive.com/archives/3753
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2014, 10:47:32 PM »
Mmm... Turbo'd chicken.

With not-instant potatoes to boot!

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2014, 10:52:31 PM »
You are convincing me....
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »
White balance....

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
ober hates chicken wings
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »
It's my crappy iPod camera and I wasn't about to fix the room lighting for esink.

Also, we have one and two half whites and one and two half non-whites so our white balance is just fine thank you very much.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »

Also, we have one and two half whites and one and two half non-whites so our white balance is just fine thank you very much.

LOL... sounds perfect to me.  :)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »
It's my crappy iPod camera and I wasn't about to fix the room lighting for esink.

Mike, you racist!  LOL!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
Ummm...   :lol:

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Trader_Joes/mandarin_orange_chicken/details/

I don't recall the cost off hand.  $5 or so, I think

Fuck I love that stuff. I have to make sure not to cook it too often. We always bake it. The BBQ chicken one is nice because you can microwave it, but it's not as addictive.

Micah, these aren't frozen dinners like you'd think of TV dinners. But they're frozen and easy to make which is perfect for me, and less unhealthy than other frozen choices. Also expensive but much cheaper than eating out. We have to make two bags now if we want everybody to eat a full serving. One bag serves two adults.

Coming back to this six years later. A year or two ago it seems like the sauce for this changed a bit. Got a little spicier or tangier or something. I stopped eating the sauce, but continue to love the chicken.

Given that change, though, the Trader Joe's Orange Chicken is no longer our most common meal. It has even been surpassed in the "quick and easy meals even I can make" rankings by Trader Joe's Teriyaki Chicken (which I think is what I was referring to above as BBQ chicken).

The teriyaki chicken is great because it tastes good, both the kids like it (a lot) and it only takes a few minutes in the microwave versus 20 minutes in the oven for the orange chicken.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »
Other updates relevant to this thread:

* I still love turbo chicken.
* We still don't make anything else in the turbo. Ok, I actually did make crab in the turbo the other day, but that was dumb. (I was trying to steam it and our larger pots were not yet unpacked from a recent move or were dirty, so I figured I could put it in the turbo with a little water and it would steam. But because it's low-temp, before the water could boil to create steam the turbo cooked the crab and it just didn't taste right. Doh!)

* My list from this post: https://www.entropysink.com/forums/index.php?topic=11476.msg130271#msg130271 is still quite accurate.
- Tacos has moved up. We just started using these small tortillas or tortilla boats which we all like better.
- Cous cous has moved down
- We don't cook steak anymore.

* We eat out more often than we did (or should).. we can't help it- too lazy/tired all the time.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »
So this week I've made dinner 4 nights in a row now.  Mostly one or two-pot 20-minute meals like ground-beef Stroganoff, pasta, or turkey chili but I think I could see this being something we actually do every night like regular families do.  It's tough though because the kids suck and are super picky.  They'll eat like the mashed potatoes or some rice (well Harper will at least) but then don't want to try anything "new" even if its something totally benign that I know they'd probably like.  Last night I caved and microwaved Colbie up some mac-and-cheese because she said my sweet-and-sour chicken smelled like vinegar (she's really sensitive to smells still.)  But at least I'm trying and I'm hoping they'll learn to eat what they get since (other than last nights mac-and-cheese) I'm not making/buying them something else.  Its family dinner and we're a family!  (at least, thats what I'm saying for now). 

Check in a week and see how we're doing with this.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2018, 10:23:17 PM »
Nice! We're not as consistent with that as we'd like, especially recently, but it's great if you can do it and keep it up. :dblthumb2: