Author Topic: Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It  (Read 2254 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:36:12 PM »
Nature Preserve for Bunny Rabbits... heheh

And as much as I dislike (hate?) gangsta rap I think it is wrong to say that it is the cause of anything.  One of the very few things I actually learned in my music class is that music is one of the last forms of expression to change.  So it'd be more accurate to say it changes because of society changes rather than it influencing society changes.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »
Nature Preserve for Bunny Rabbits... heheh

And as much as I dislike (hate?) gangsta rap I think it is wrong to say that it is the cause of anything.  One of the very few things I actually learned in my music class is that music is one of the last forms of expression to change.  So it'd be more accurate to say it changes because of society changes rather than it influencing society changes.

I would agree with that, music may not change culture but it can certainly promote a culture and can influence impressionable minds with it glorification of the negative aspects of that way of life. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:43:10 AM »
Those who act based on music were never strong enough to funcion in a normal society anyway.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »
Those who act based on music were never strong enough to funcion in a normal society anyway.

those who take their influence from movies are much better though! go Bourne!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 01:28:43 PM »
I never took influence from a Bourne movie :dunno:
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?