Author Topic: Fried Chicken  (Read 2417 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Fried Chicken
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »
Holy cow this was good (and healthy):  http://paleocomfortfoods.com/in-the-kitchen/fried-chicken-worth-a-cover-shot/

First time using coconut oil and almond flower.  Was a great combo.  Mine came out a bit more breaded than in the picture.

I used large chicken breasts, so I should have trimmed up the dangling pieces and flatten it out first.  Though, next time I'll probably use legs and thighs.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Fried Chicken
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
That looks pretty good. Never had fried chicken that also included baking, may have to give this a try.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
It wasn't deep fried.  Shallow fried yes.  And really, I don't buy into the root rational of the paleo diet but that doesn't mean I won't look at their recipes for ideas.  Nice thing about not being tied to a single philosophy is that I can choose the best from many.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »
I'm a bit of a foodie.  I really can't eat the same thing everyday for very long.  Hell, I was eating a salmon + salad (which has about 8 different ingredients in it) for dinner (and it was delicious) almost every night for two weeks and was getting tired of it.  The last few days I've been seeing KFC commercials which was making really crave fried chicken.  So I decided to find a healthy way of doing it that fit into the diet (as a noun).  Now, the craving is gone and tomorrow I'll do salmon again and will be looking forward to it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
It is good cold the next day :D