Author Topic: XP SP3  (Read 3046 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
XP SP3
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:12:02 AM »
I finally decided to upgrade to IE7 on my main PC last night and when I went to MS Update, they offered up SP3.  So I downloaded and installed it.  During the reboot, it went to a XP loading screen and said "please wait".  I waited 10 minutes after the last HD noise and had to power it off.  It hadn't locked up but nothing was going on.  I booted again and it works fine, everything seems to be installed, so I think I'm good.

Just not sure wtf happened.  I don't notice anything different either.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: XP SP3
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:23:45 AM »
I've been holding off, I heard the initial release was somewhat buggy. I'll be waiting a bit longer until SP3.2 or something.
This signature intentionally left blank.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »
I downloaded it a few weeks ago.  I've had no problems with it at all...knock on wood...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »
I finally decided to upgrade to IE7 on my main PC last night and when I went to MS Update, they offered up SP3.  So I downloaded and installed it.  During the reboot, it went to a XP loading screen and said "please wait".  I waited 10 minutes after the last HD noise and had to power it off.  It hadn't locked up but nothing was going on.  I booted again and it works fine, everything seems to be installed, so I think I'm good.

Just not sure wtf happened.  I don't notice anything different either.
Was it just sitting on the initial load page (where it shows the bios/motherboard stuff basic info)?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »
Nope... it had gone through the POST and even the initial "XP Logo with progress bar" screen.  It had moved onto the same logo screen with a "Please Wait..." indicator where the progress bar should be.  And it was small... like the resolution was fucked up or something.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »
Been using it almost since it came out.  No problems at all.  Seemed to improve performance a bit overall.

I slipstreamed it into my XP install for the new machine.  Man was that an improvement!

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:23:42 AM »
Sometimes that happens, there doesnt really seem to be an explanation. I upgraded quite a few since sp3 became available and this happened twice. I read a few on the internet having it as well, but it seems to be a one time thing
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?