Author Topic: Fucking papa johns  (Read 4505 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Fucking papa johns
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
their "Unlimited Toppings" special for 12.99 is bs. Apparently unlimited is a fancy big word for SEVEN. I expect this bs from pizzahut not papa johns.

I bet i could sue.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Fucking papa johns
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:22:58 PM »
I was looking for that when I saw the commercial. I don't understand how they can get away with that.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
yea its NOWHERE in the commercial. It's on the website when you go to choose them. This seems like one of those dumb lawsuits that would work lol
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
RoD....go sue them. Sue every body! yeah - maybe that is the only way you can go through life, by suing people! fuck! :disbelief:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 10:02:50 AM »
There is a person who lives here in South Texas who makes his living by suing businesses for not being ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant.

There was a news report on him that mentioned his last year income was over $100K - with no job, just law suits against local businesses.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:06:06 AM »
There is a person who lives here in South Texas who makes his living by suing businesses for not being ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant.

There was a news report on him that mentioned his last year income was over $100K - with no job, just law suits against local businesses.

I need to get me a disability

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 10:07:48 AM »
Must....... resist.......

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 10:49:18 AM »
Just saw the commercial on TV again and saw towards the end where it says, limited to 7 toppings.

And in this case I think they're completely misusing the term unlimited, as opposed to the other idiots that consider unlimited to mean "practically unlimited." I'm pretty sure it's easy to pick eight toppings on a pizza.

1. Canadian bacon,
2. pineapple,
3. sausage,
4. black olives,
5. green peppers
6. onions
7. pepperoni
8. jalapenos

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »
Must....... resist.......

I know, i thought of it myself as i typed that post :rofl2:

Just saw the commercial on TV again and saw towards the end where it says, limited to 7 toppings.

And in this case I think they're completely misusing the term unlimited, as opposed to the other idiots that consider unlimited to mean "practically unlimited." I'm pretty sure it's easy to pick eight toppings on a pizza.

1. Canadian bacon,
2. pineapple,
3. sausage,
4. black olives,
5. green peppers
6. onions
7. pepperoni
8. jalapenos

They must have amended it with a new commercial. I had a hard time choosing only 7 after i was introduced to unlimited. Really it comes down to misuse of a term for sake of income. If they said 7 toppings, we would be interested, maybe even very interested. But to say unlimited for 12.99 that gets everyone hooked.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:25 PM »
"This is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film, The Never-Ending Story"
i have a stationary fetish

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
"This is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film, The Never-Ending Story"

10/10 :rofl:

(whats that from?)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »
I don't know, I saw the commercial again and it only said internet orders limited to 7 toppings. So if anyone would like to try and order a pizza with eight toppings over the phone and see if they balk at it, then I'd be more upset. The internet problem is probably just due to programming validation concerns that they can't easily chance.

If you need to, just tell them you're blind and can't see any disclaimers. Maybe order in the dark so you're not a complete liar.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »

10/10 :rofl:

(whats that from?)

King of Queens (the dad).

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
im watching that now lmao