Author Topic: Black Mirror season 3  (Read 1073 times)

ethic

• Gay Pride
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
Black Mirror season 3
« on: October 29, 2016, 09:59:57 PM »
9/10

they seem to keep revisiting the same themes between episodes (social networking), but still awesome. I'm glad there's a modern Twilight Zone/Outer Limits type show
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Black Mirror season 3
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 04:41:30 PM »
juist got done with S1 and S2 E1. I liked all of them except for S1E2 - that one was cheesy. My favorite one was with the "grain" where you can implant a hard drive that stores your memories - thats pretty freaky. 
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 04:58:34 PM »
My wife is pushing to watch this show after we're caught up on The Walking Dead.  Looking forward to it.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
Anybody have a short description of the idea/concept of Black Mirror? I'm guessing it's a modern Twilight Zone/Outer Limits type show but was still unsure if there is something more to it. Seems like it parodies other things?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »
Anybody have a short description of the idea/concept of Black Mirror? I'm guessing it's a modern Twilight Zone/Outer Limits type show but was still unsure if there is something more to it. Seems like it parodies other things?

Charlie, each episode (so far) is a stand alone episode and I don't see resemblance or a parody of anything else I've seen. I can see how s4e1 can seem that way, but it is really not - I don't want to say what it is, because I don't want to spoil it.

The connecting theme between the 4.5 episodes I've seen is social commentary on technology and how it influences our lives. Hardware, software, social media. And so far the commentary is very negative. Out of the episodes I've seen, 1 could be placed today, 3 could be placed in not too distant future, like, within 10-30 years. And one (S1E2) is quite a bit distant - but the commentary is on par with what seems to be popular in TV these days, just pushed to the limit.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

tgm

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:44 PM »
I watched one episode of Black Mirror and that was it. Specifically one that was recommended by other watchers since the first episode is supposed to be a little too much. While I do enjoy the premise of the show, unfortunately I simply find it too depressing to watch. I'd much rather watch "happy" shows instead of ones that point out the horrible possible consequences of things. I, and reality, are already pretty good at that already.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »
I watched one episode of Black Mirror and that was it. Specifically one that was recommended by other watchers since the first episode is supposed to be a little too much. While I do enjoy the premise of the show, unfortunately I simply find it too depressing to watch. I'd much rather watch "happy" shows instead of ones that point out the horrible possible consequences of things. I, and reality, are already pretty good at that already.

Which one did you see, tgm?

tgm

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
One from season one I believe where it was like America's got talent kind of thing.

Maybe I should try another episode but co-workers have all said it's not a binge kind of show and I'd rather watch a series of something.
This signature intentionally left blank.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
Thanks, Jake. The parody thing was more about individual episodes referencing other things, like a Star Trek episode or an America's Got Talent episode or whatever. But I think I've got the gist.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »
One from season one I believe where it was like America's got talent kind of thing.

Maybe I should try another episode but co-workers have all said it's not a binge kind of show and I'd rather watch a series of something.

That is s1e2 and is the one I did not like. But the ones I saw are all pretty depressing, you're right. S1e3 is awesome. s4e1 ends on a happy note

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
Thanks, Jake. The parody thing was more about individual episodes referencing other things, like a Star Trek episode or an America's Got Talent episode or whatever. But I think I've got the gist.

The Star trek one is s4e1 and that's the one I thought you were probably talking about. That one is cool

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 06:10:09 AM »
S1 E1 was cool.  I then watched E2 and that was enough.  This type of show, as tgm noted tends to leave me worse off than where I was when I started.  THAT is what the news is for.