Author Topic: Your favorite YouTube channels  (Read 1783 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Your favorite YouTube channels
« on: January 06, 2016, 11:12:50 AM »
Name up to 5 favorite YouTube channels you watch regularly with a short description of what the channel is about or why you watch it.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Your favorite YouTube channels
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:27:56 AM »
Casey Neistat - this is the only vlog I watch regularly. Casey seems like a real positive, hard working guy, and his daily vlogs are done very well. I like his type of story telling. Quite motivational.

Wranglerstar - cool channel about a guy that a few years ago moved away to a "homestead" in the country. He is quite handy and does a lot of things himself. I share a lot of the same interests as he does. I've learned quite a bit from watching his channel.

JangBRICKS - out of the many lego channels I like this one the most. Jang does a really good job reviewing sets. He does new and old. Also does custom stuff. My son and I watch this one together.

AK Operators Union - this guy is super knowledgable about the AK style of rifles. He reviews accessories and guns but whats most impressive to me is operation techniques from sighting in, to handicap reloading, and shooting from different positions. And he is Polish too!

These are my top ones. Below are honerable mention channels I also watch, but not as regularly:

I like to make stuff
Sigma 3 survival school
Reggie Johnson - I wish this kid produced more. His movies are really really cool and he seems like such a cool kid.
Iraqvetern8888 - guns guns guns
FunForLouis - travel vlog
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »
Hmm, only 5?

Healthcare Triage - Two segment show. One day is more news based and the other day is more in-depth.  Goes into the science and what research actually shows.  Has a great series of videos talking about the different kind of studies, how to put results into context (e.g. absolute vs relative risk), etc.

CrashCourse - Educational lessons on various subjects.  I don't watch them all as some aren't that interesting to me or have a host I can't stand.

CGP Grey - Great videos explaining various subjects.  Only does about 1 video a month.

PBS Space Time - Really well done videos explaining physics stuff.  They did an entire series of videos talking about spacetime that built up along the way starting from a flat space, to a curved space, to a flat spacetime, to a curved spacetime.  Had a decent video on blackholes that after a few watchings made it easier to understand blackholes.  That had another one talking about tides and the moon's interactions that did a really good job of explaining it.

SciShow and SciShow Space - Lumping these together as they are essentially the same format with one more space centric.  A combination of news and explantation videos on various science and space topics.

I have a bunch more that I subscribe to and if the video looks interesting I'll watch.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 12:02:56 PM »
CrashCourse - Educational lessons on various subjects.  I don't watch them all as some aren't that interesting to me or have a host I can't stand.

CGP Grey - Great videos explaining various subjects.  Only does about 1 video a month.

these look really cool. I learned something already from the CGP channel after watching the Antarctica video. Thanks Mike, this is exactly why I started this thread :)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:05:39 PM »
SciShow and SciShow Space

this looks good too. Something I can watch with my kids.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »
I don't watch shows on YouTube.  I follow random artists (Pentatonix), but most of my other channels I follow produce video game highlight stuff that most of you wouldn't be into.