Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon / Garage
« Last post by KnuckleBuckett on Today at 08:21:13 AM »
I decided to reorganize our garage.  I purchased four roll around wire rack shelves from Sams at $90 each and a six RubberMade attachment strips.  I hung most of the strips at about 72".  I stored the rarely accessed gardening and yard tools behind the racks t help clean things up.  They will change positions with the seasons like the lawn mower and snow blower do.  I cut a couple of the 84" hanging strips to fit the wall and or stack here and there.  They make a number of useful hooks, shelves, and baskets to hang from them.  Neat product.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/wire-shelving-48-w-x-18-d-6-tier/prod15600033.ip?xid=plp_product_1_2

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/work-table-with-stainless-steel-top-49/145625.ip?xid=plp_product_1_11

http://www.rubbermaid.com/en-US/fast-track%C2%AE-garage-organization-system

The racks gave me much needed space to better organize our brewing equipment and misc. garage stuffs.  It also gave me the much needed task of getting rid of a plenty of built up crap.  The brewing equipment is fairly bulky in that we brew dual 5 to 7 gallon batches simultaneously.  This makes up for the fact we can only find the time to brew every 2 months or so.

14 years ago I painted the garage floor and it is really starting to show the age and wear.  I considered refinishing it, installing garage flooring, etc. however not worrying about the floor so much when we brew is just too nice.  If it were all new and nice again we would have to worry about ruining it with heat, scratches, and drops. 

Years ago I installed ceiling fans.  Amazing idea.  The things should come standard with all garages.  They make it nice all summer, dry it out in winter, add tons of light, and keep most of the bugs out.

I am considering adding a drop down stair case to the attic, another work table/bench/box, and additional lighting in the far front and rear.  Not sure yet.

Anyone else tackle this kind of thing?

I tried posting a video and photos but received an error "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.".  Sorry Benny.
Open Discussion / Re: Another Tennessee Vacation
« Last post by ober on October 19, 2018, 09:40:40 AM »
I don't disagree with that.  We want our kids to have different experiences and we do go on day trips and stuff.  Like we took them to the ocean for the first time just for 2 nights earlier this year.  I'm not saying we won't ever go anywhere else, but we all really enjoy this vacation and we'll probably keep doing it until that changes.
« Last post by charlie on October 18, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »
Sounds good to me. Our kids got this whole week off so we stayed in a hotel in Lake Tahoe for a few nights. It's their offseason so it was pretty deserted and chill (and cheap). I didn't take any time off so the fam just hung out and did things nearby while I worked in the hotel and then we went out a bit in the afternoons and evenings. Highlight was riding bikes through the forest to watch the salmon swimming upstream from a local creek. We didn't see much salmon but we saw a family of bears fishing in the creek so that was cool.

We try to mix up our trips. We have favorite spots (including Tahoe) that we usually hit for short outings of 1-3 nights, but if we're going anywhere for longer we try to make it someplace new. I like that our girls build memories from going to the same places multiple times but we also want them (and us) to be exposed to as much new stuff as possible.
« Last post by ober on October 18, 2018, 08:22:46 AM »
@Jake - the kids had Thursday and Friday off because of teacher stuff and columbus day.  We did take them out on Wednesday though.  And yeah, you really need to be looking at least 6 months in advance to get the reasonably priced ones on the dates you want.  And holidays are often booked up way in advance.

@Knuck - no, haven't done the helicopter tours.  I would like to but I know Sam won't.
« Last post by KnuckleBuckett on October 18, 2018, 05:57:59 AM »
Ever take the helicopter tour in PF?  Amazing.  Sit in the bubble.
« Last post by Jake on October 17, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »
That's awesome Ben, glad you had a nice time. Were the kids off from school?

I looked to book a cabin in that area for thanksgiving a couple of months ago and everything that was reasonably priced was all booked up!
« Last post by ober on October 16, 2018, 06:58:41 AM »
I would say the same for vacations in the past but we've really grown to love the cabin experience in Tennessee.  I get wanting to experience other places and things but I really just want a few days a year to just completely checkout.

I'm at the point now where I'm not sure there is anywhere I would spend an entire week at.  I much prefer 3-4 nights somewhere - a quick hit with enough time to slip into relaxation mode without getting restless.
« Last post by KnuckleBuckett on October 15, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »
Short of areas near friends and relatives, we rarely repeat a vacation area.  Modes may repeat driving, cruising, etc. but not areas.  That said we do things that way to get to know enough global areas so that we can start to focus on favorietes.  Like I would totally dig spending a week in Florence, Italy or Barcelona, Spain.
Open Discussion / Another Tennessee Vacation
« Last post by ober on October 15, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »
We went to Tennessee (just outside of Pigeon Forge) last week for the 3rd year in a row.  Absolutely love these vacations!  Quiet cabin with tons of room to stretch out and relax, plus a pool and hot tub to enjoy.  Plenty of stuff to do locally and good food nearby.   We loved it so much we booked next year's vacation before we checked out.  We had spent years doing city/touristy vacations where you are crammed into a hotel room and around tons of people and that's just not relaxing.  I feel like we can truly get away and recharge when we go on these trips.  Just thought I'd share in case anyone is reasonably in the region to go there for a few days to get away.
Open Discussion / Re: Can you hear it?
« Last post by KnuckleBuckett on October 13, 2018, 09:04:16 AM »
Mine has dropped with age though oddly I can still clearly define quality of audio gear.  Though I suppose not like I could 30 years ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10