Author Topic: smoked fish  (Read 4720 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
smoked fish
« on: June 29, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »
anyone here eat smoked fish?

we really enjoy almost any kind of smoked fish. We either buy small packages of salmon or trout or something, or a whole smoked mackerel. The reason for this thread because I got this smoked sampler from sams (salmon, salmon with dill, and trout) and it is fucking amazing. Toasted baguette slices, cream cheese mix (cream cheese, lemon juice, fresh dill, sour cream), and a little smoke fish on top with some fresh squeezed lemon juice.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....and red wine. great stuff.

A few years ago when we went to Beaver Island we had fresh smoke fish almost every day - wish I knew of a place in Chicago that wasn't too far from me that smoked fresh Lake Michigan fish.

Also, I prefer hot smoke to cold smoke.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: smoked fish
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:29:25 AM »
Salmon smoked is awesome. :dblthumb2:
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: smoked fish
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
We used to get smoked fish at the Mackinac bridge.  Loved it.

More recently we get a bit now and again and it is okay but not as good as the stuff in MI.

You know, I had smoked salmon in Sweden, and it was fairly decent also.