Author Topic: ESink Tips Megathread  (Read 8825 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
ESink Tips Megathread
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:22:54 PM »
I've been thinking about asking this on the forums for a while and maybe we did it a while ago but I figure it can't hurt to do again.  And 'tips' could be wide ranging.  My goal is to gather sage advice from you all because I think every one of you has good ideas and I trust you all so I want to lean into that and gain something from it and give back at the same time. 

I will start.  The point is to give one piece of advice per reply.  Something that you've learned over time, or something you do to maintain your house that you never would have thought of previously.

My first tip: Find one thing that makes you happy and don't feel guilty about spending money on it.  I know too many people that try to go cheap on everything but are completely miserable.  If you can find one thing (eating out, buying shoes, etc.), do it and don't feel guilty about spending money on that if other things that don't bring you happiness are easily done on the cheap.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Re: ESink Tips Megathread
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »
You don't get tact when you act in conspiracies that have to be uncovered through discreet tips and leaked emails. You don't get the courtesy of diplomacy after you have attacked someone's character, in secret, in a manner that has led to doors being closed on them. What you get is a healthy dose of wisdom delivered directly to your inbox.
Ethic.... what did you do?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »

My first tip: Find one thing that makes you happy and don't feel guilty about spending money on it.  I know too many people that try to go cheap on everything but are completely miserable.  If you can find one thing (eating out, buying shoes, etc.), do it and don't feel guilty about spending money on that if other things that don't bring you happiness are easily done on the cheap.

I like this one, and I'd add that the same goes for your time. No matter how busy you are, no matter how much house work or kids stuff there is to do, take some time each week to do something you enjoy for yourself, and don't feel guilty about investing that time in yourself.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:50:30 PM »

I like this one, and I'd add that the same goes for your time. No matter how busy you are, no matter how much house work or kids stuff there is to do, take some time each week to do something you enjoy for yourself, and don't feel guilty about investing that time in yourself.

I for one made sure I had a little me-time after seeing Govtcheez's picture in Safe Contact...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:58:08 PM »
It was bad enough that we had to see that... now I have THAT mental image.  JESUS H CHRIST

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 05:05:07 PM »

I for one made sure I had a little me-time after seeing Govtcheez's picture in Safe Contact...

:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

:SUCK:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:58 AM »
Take care of your vehicles.  Use wisdom as to which type and brand you purchase and why.  They are typically major investments and should be treated as such. 

Think of how much of your income goes into purchasing, INSURING, maintaining, storing, fueling, and repairing them. Let alone the risk you put you and yours at when using them at speed and you start to understand. 

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 07:57:51 AM »
If you're unhappy where you are, burn all your bridges so you can never return.

Damnit, this site needs a "Like" button.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 08:17:28 AM »

:rofl2:  :disbelief:

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »
I've been thinking about asking this on the forums for a while and maybe we did it a while ago but I figure it can't hurt to do again.  And 'tips' could be wide ranging.  My goal is to gather sage advice from you all because I think every one of you has good ideas and I trust you all so I want to lean into that and gain something from it and give back at the same time. 

I will start.  The point is to give one piece of advice per reply.  Something that you've learned over time, or something you do to maintain your house that you never would have thought of previously.

I like this thread and I like this tip and I like you. In fact, I'm about to use this tip to justify buying more than my monthly allowance (self-imposed) of cigars, and when the missus shouts at me later this week I'll be blaming it on "this bloke on a forum I used to frequent"...

My tip: probably not news to any of you old gits, but jesus christ kids do not learn by being told--even calmly or conversationally. I'm only recently learning this, after years of stress thanks to my ignorance. They seem to learn by watching and copying, like monkeys, which is a shame because I'm a twat.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 09:57:52 AM »
Holy shit, where did you come from?  Haven't heard from you in ages!  How are you?

And sure, go ahead and blame me.  What's she gonna do to me?  ;)

I agree with your assessment of kids.  Which is why you have to try so hard to be a responsible adult around then because they're much more likely to copy your bad habits than your good ones!

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 03:55:59 AM »
Holy shit, where did you come from?  Haven't heard from you in ages!  How are you?

I agree with your assessment of kids.  Which is why you have to try so hard to be a responsible adult around then because they're much more likely to copy your bad habits than your good ones!

Living the dream, of course! How about you?

I'm a walking bad habit. I fear for their futures.

Have I missed anything?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 08:54:17 AM »
Have I missed anything?

Still no flying cars.
Robin Williams committed suicide.
Donald Trump is the US President.
They keep making Jurassic Park movies.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
Have I missed anything?

Still no flying cars.
Robin Williams committed suicide.
Donald Trump is the US President.
They keep making Jurassic Park movies.

:applause:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 09:47:06 AM »

Living the dream, of course! How about you?

I'm a walking bad habit. I fear for their futures.

Have I missed anything?
Living 'a' dream... not sure about 'the' dream.  My dream has scary shit in it sometimes.  lol

Micah's list is pretty conclusive as for what you missed.