Author Topic: Gun thread  (Read 6127 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Gun thread
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 12:13:59 AM »
Just because or for some particular reason?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »
Just because or for some particular reason?
Is that question for Jake about why he wants a carry permit, or for me, as to why I want this M&P performance center 9mm Shield?

For me, I've been wanting a carry pistol that prints a little less than my full frame and is maybe a little more comfortable to wear.  I've been looking at the shield for about a year now and just watched a bunch of youtube videos on this new "performance center" model with the ported barrel and slide.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 01:07:52 PM »
For Jake with the CC.  Though, if you want to answer why you want to carry I'm happy to hear it as well.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 02:38:53 PM »
I have no grandiose illusions or fantasies of being an action hero and no desire to ever be confronted with a situation that requires deadly self defense. I also realize that such occasions are rare and hopefully I'll go my entire life without ever encountering any such scenarios.  Further more, I understand that pulling out a firearm often makes situations worse for oneself and that I am also probably a horrible shot under pressure and as such, I'm much more likely to run away or comply in any foreseeable self defense situation.

That said, I'd rather be prepared to defend myself or family in a no-hope situation than become an defenseless victim.

I don't actually carry all that often.  I don't bring my gun to work and we live near (and regularly cross) a state border so I usually don't always carry when just out doing errands.  It more like sometimes I holster up when I think about it or when I'm running out to the convenience store late at night.  Most of the people I know who carry aren't cowboys or macho-wannabe's either.  They're just regular middle/upper-middle class suburbanites who you would never know have a firearm on them.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 03:29:51 PM »
Thanks for answering.