Author Topic: This is nothing but a recollection  (Read 4047 times)

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
This is nothing but a recollection
« on: June 16, 2005, 02:55:22 AM »
I finally told my best friend, Stacy, that I was gay tonight. I don't know. We went to a bar, I snuck in, got really drunk...she drove me home...we talked...yeah, she knows. I had to tell her. I was going insane. Anyway. I'll answer this thread later while sober.

I need this  as a memory aid, though.

Adios. Lovely night. Talk to you guys tomorrow. :-*

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 03:15:04 AM »
Ok so honestly I told her a few weeks ago  (maybe a week?) when I was really drunk that I was gay. She told me it was cool and that was that. I figured that she had forgotten because she never brought it up, but tonight...I told her. Flat out. She was really cool with it, and even told me that she had wondered (because, even though I might have a deep-ass voice, and act as straight as possible...) if I was gay. I've never had a GF, and it was weird, because I'm not ugly[/ii]....so wow. Everything worked out great. I'm so happy.

I'm not sure if I make any sense, but god am I so happy.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 07:16:48 AM »
Way to go, bud.  You going to tell any other people?

Also, what are you doing at a bar?  You're far too young and innocent!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 08:11:27 AM »
That's awesome -Ken-.  My wife works with a girl about your age who is gay and pretty much hasn't told anyone and it's eating her up inside because her parent's are "holy rollers" and would probably send her off to God-counseling.  It sucks for this girl because she lives in a town where letting that out could cause major problems for her.  People around there can't grasp such a thing and would probably push her down a dark, dark path (she's already considered suicide).

So now that I've probably said too much, I'm glad that you have someone you can let it out to.  I don't think it's good to keep that kind of secret bottled up inside you, although I know sometimes that is the way it has to be.

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 08:47:49 AM »
>>I was gay<<

OMG - I HAD NO IDEA!!!!  :D

eh, i lost a few friends when i came out to them, but i said at the time (and still say) - fuck'em.  

and now i have no friends :(

:D
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 08:58:21 AM »
>> eh, i lost a few friends when i came out to them

these people are morons
i have a stationary fetish

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 09:10:15 AM »
Good for you man :) You should never be ashamed of who you are, and any mother fucker who says otherwise would have to deal with me first :cool2:

Howdy

• Spin the big ring
  • Jackass III
  • 2nd best friend
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:05:12 AM »
Howdy,
 OK so as a straight person, Why would it matter to me if you are gay or not? I work will people that are gay and people that can't work with people that are gay.
For the most part we all seem to get along just fine.
  I guess this coming out deal must be a huge event in the gay community.

M.R.
When you think they're sending obvious signals, then, you're obviously misleading yourself.
Microbe
3,996 (218:59:49 hours) miles of my 7,000 mile goal this year

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 10:16:25 AM »
> Why would it matter to me if you are gay or not?

>  people that can't work with people that are gay.

That seems to be the big deal about it.  Some people can't deal with it, and I'd imagine it's a relief when you find out that people you care about are ok with it.

drakkenkorin

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:27:28 AM »
throw into the mix ultra right wing fanatics who take every work in that old book as a literal truth.

besides, when i came out, i learned who my real friends were.  them other people were just crowding my stlye.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 12:05:57 PM »
Our Ken is growing up so fast :aw:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 12:14:23 PM »
That's cool, man.  I'm glad it worked out.

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 01:37:50 PM »
Quote from: axon
Our Ken is growing up so fast :aw:

damn axon stole my line - he used to be this little sweet faced cherubic little boy and then DK corrupted him
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas

drakkenkorin

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 02:19:17 PM »
o no, not done.

i have many more to corrupt :devil:

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 03:15:19 PM »
Quote from: Howdy
Howdy,
 OK so as a straight person, Why would it matter to me if you are gay or not? I work will people that are gay and people that can't work with people that are gay.
For the most part we all seem to get along just fine.
  I guess this coming out deal must be a huge event in the gay community.

M.R.

There shouldn't have to be such a thing as "coming out." In a perfect world, I could chat up some guy, we could start dating, and nobody would have a problem with that.

This world is far from perfect.

Because of that, I'm forced to not only to bottle everything up inside of me for 18+ years -- until either I'm comfortable enough with myself to potentially lose friends or family over it, or when it becomes too soul-crushingly heavy of a burden to bear any longer (or, alternately, I get really drunk and say stupid things) -- but also to tell people close to me so that I can finally start dating with impunity.

And anyway, there's a slight difference between your coworkers and one of my closest friends who I've known since I was 4 or so. It's not like I'm going to be meeting people up in Gainesville and saying "Oh, hey, my name is Ken and I enjoy penis in my mouth."

I suppose the hardest thing is family. More or less, there's a very positive correlation to how long you've known a person and how incredibly hard it is to tell them. You've lied to them, very consciously, for your entire relationship. That's not a good thing any way you slice it.

So to answer you question: It shouldn't matter. In fact, the less it matters to you the better. But as my friend, you (not necessarily you, but in a broad sense) should at least know.