Author Topic: show me your desk  (Read 6686 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
show me your desk
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:01:42 AM »
we haven't done this in a while - so, show me your desk!

I work more and more from home these days and I got a stand up desk. It is awesome!

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: show me your desk
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 09:58:19 PM »
nice!
I just tried to post a pic and got a 500 error response. File was 1,274KB so not sure why.  I need a better pic anyway.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »
I have a standing desk at my 'new' job (been here 9 months).  I still sit probably 50% of the time but it's nice to have the option.  I also got a new desk at home.  I'll post a pic of both when I get a chance.  I'm usually the first one here in the morning so I'll grab one then so people don't think I'm weird for taking pics of my desk (my dev group is in an open concept room).

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 06:13:26 AM »
Because working with a Sasquatch isn't already weird.  I suppose...

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:15:24 AM »
Home...

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 10:19:51 AM »
gonna try this again
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
also, this is the picture that keeps giving me a 500 error from entroysink when I try to upload it, not sure if its the image or what. I just tried re-naming.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
Home...

what purpose for the things that cover the front of your tower, knuck?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »
Because working with a Sasquatch isn't already weird.  I suppose...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
gonna try this again

from the two pictures you included I see you like redbull as much as I do. I loved that summer grapefruit flavor.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »
gonna try this again

from the two pictures you included I see you like redbull as much as I do. I loved that summer grapefruit flavor.

I do, I usually stick to the regular sugar free but I do like some of the zero-cal flavored ones too.  Also, they're pricing, so I usually only buy a couple at a time and just have 1 every couple days.  Sometimes the cans pile up though :)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »
I can't even do this because I have so much shit on my desk including bills and other documents with info I don't want on the interwebs.

I did clean up three cereal bowls this morning that had built up over the last few days. Unfortunately I just had another bowl so there's one on my desk again.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 08:53:06 PM »
gonna try this again

I do, I usually stick to the regular sugar free but I do like some of the zero-cal flavored ones too.  Also, they're pricing, so I usually only buy a couple at a time and just have 1 every couple days.  Sometimes the cans pile up though :)

yes they are very expensive! I like the flavored ones more than original. I usually have a can (or two) when driving up to the cabin on Friday nights (instead of coffee)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 08:54:19 PM »
I did clean up three cereal bowls this morning that had built up over the last few days. Unfortunately I just had another bowl so there's one on my desk again.

for me its cups. Over the course of the day I have a coffee cup, a tea cup, and a couple bottles of water pile up. I do clean them up every night...

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 05:55:22 AM »
Home...

what purpose for the things that cover the front of your tower, knuck?

Those are Swiffers.  My intake areas all have them.  I secure them with a continuous strip of the hooked side of Velcro.  Keeps the inside of the PC from building up dust.  Easy to replace and I can tell when it needs a new set when the fans spool up as heat builds more quickly.  I go through about a set every three or four months.