Author Topic: The Hills Have Eyes  (Read 1341 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
The Hills Have Eyes
« on: March 13, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »
It's a remake of Wes Craven's original 1977 version (although, I did not know this before watching it) about a group of miners in the New Mexico desert deformed by nuclear testing.  Family gets stranded out there, and story goes horror as they try to survive out there.  There are definitely scenes that gross/freak you out, but nothing that really leaves a lasting impression.  Someone I went with compared the gore to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so I guess I'll take her word for it.

From what I've heard the plot is a lot tighter than the first time around because it gives a better background on the "cannibals."  Without having seen the original, the beginning of this one is a bit slow, the middle seems well paced and gorey, and the end is pretty drawn out.  It got to the point where I just kept thinking "DIE already."

If you're looking for a pretty decent horror flick, I'd check this out, but I wouldn't consider it "classic."

6.5/10

Oh, music reminded me of a video game.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
The Hills Have Eyes
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 01:46:01 PM »
I've heard it's pretty damn gory... and the same about the beginning being really slow.  I don't think I'll see it.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
The Hills Have Eyes
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 06:01:14 PM »
mmm, fingers

Dillon

• Jackass I
  • Hello.
Re: The Hills Have Eyes
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »
The original was almost unwatchably bad...I might give this remake a look-see when it comes on DVD.
"Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but an ideal of imagination." --Immaneual Kant

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
Re: The Hills Have Eyes
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 08:12:22 AM »
saw it last w-end.  its shit.