Author Topic: Corned Beef and Cabbage stew  (Read 2098 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Corned Beef and Cabbage stew
« on: March 19, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »
On Friday we had a little potluck and I brought a corned beef and cabbage stew that the guys really like.  Since it is so damn simple (even Micah can do it :P) I figured I'd share:

• Corned beef with spice pouch
  • Carrots
  • Onion
  • Sweet Potato
  • Green cabbage
  • Apple Juice
  • Basil
  • Thyme
  • Rosemary
  • Crock pot

Cut the carrots, onions, and sweet potatoes into largish pieces.  Since I was prepping it the night before I put them in a ziplock bag and shook it up to mix them.  Put a bed down and put the corned beef on that.  Then put the rest of them in around and on top.  Give a good helping of the spices.  I used rosemary that was pretty finely chopped and I'd suggest that as you don't want rosemary sticks in there.  Put in 2 cups of apple juice using it to help rinse some of the spices down into the deeper parts.  Set crockpot for 6 hour high.  After an hour I added another cup of apple juice as I wanted more liquid.  While waiting chop the cabbage up in decent size pieces.

About 30-45 minutes before it is done add the cabbage in and try to mix it down into the liquid.  Once done, pull the corned beef out, slice it, and serve the stew in a bowl.