Author Topic: Birthday Treat  (Read 3640 times)

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
Birthday Treat
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:58:39 PM »
Picked up this number the other day.  Saving it for something special.

https://www.forscotchlovers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=128

I was also given a bottle of Bushmills 10 year old single malt :)

It's funny I have always been a beer drinker, but I'm loving my whiskies.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Birthday Treat
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 07:12:51 PM »
Yea I drink a lot of beer at games, bonfires etc but when I go out to the bar I almost always drink jack
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
Picked up this number the other day.  Saving it for something special.

https://www.forscotchlovers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=128

I was also given a bottle of Bushmills 10 year old single malt :)

It's funny I have always been a beer drinker, but I'm loving my whiskies.

Oh shit, that looks good.

I'm sipping my way through a bottle of this at the moment. Not too heavy, but very drinkable. We have to go on a Scotch bender some time!

Oh, and RoD - yeah, I like a Jack occasionally, but comparing it to a good Scotch malt... :disbelief: :disbelief:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 03:52:56 PM »
He said whiskey, is scotch considered whiskey?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »
He said whiskey, is scotch considered whiskey?

yes, the spelling might be different but the definition is the same
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
Oh my bad. Jack is good but its second shelf not top

stealth

• Jackass V
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 09:52:11 PM »

I'm sipping my way through a bottle of this at the moment. Not too heavy, but very drinkable. We have to go on a Scotch bender some time!

Looks nice :) I've always been a bit ignorant of regions, though I've heard Islay malts are well regarded, and Island malts tend to have higher peat levels and can be harder on the palate.  The only Speyside's I've had have been big name brands like Glenfiddich.  Keen to dip my toes in a few more malts.

Needless to say, buying decent scotch in Australia isn't always easy.  Where I picked up the Brook Laddie has a really good selection, I suspect the owner is either from the UK, or just a connoisseur. 

I like Jack, it's a decent mixer whisky, like Johnnie Walker or Jim Beam.  Cheap and cheerful, but not something that I'd drink neat, it's gotta be on ice, with Coke or dry ginger ale.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:04:14 PM by stealthy »

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 11:47:40 PM »
Keep your soda and ice out of my jack.

Lol. I freeze it (doesn't actually freeze) and drink it straight

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »

Looks nice :) I've always been a bit ignorant of regions, though I've heard Islay malts are well regarded, and Island malts tend to have higher peat levels and can be harder on the palate.  The only Speyside's I've had have been big name brands like Glenfiddich.  Keen to dip my toes in a few more malts.

Needless to say, buying decent scotch in Australia isn't always easy.  Where I picked up the Brook Laddie has a really good selection, I suspect the owner is either from the UK, or just a connoisseur. 

I like Jack, it's a decent mixer whisky, like Johnnie Walker or Jim Beam.  Cheap and cheerful, but not something that I'd drink neat, it's gotta be on ice, with Coke or dry ginger ale.

Islay is my drink. Very strong smokey tasting stuff.  Not many people like it, but once you develop a taste for it you can usually leave it hanging around without it getting finished by someone else. Need to get some more in for Xmas

stealth

• Jackass V
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
Well, I cracked the Brook Laddie last night.  Very, very nice.  My brother-in-law has had it before and reckoned it to be quite fiery.  Served about a finger neat in a crystal tumbler, with a glass of cold still mineral water on the side to get the palate working.  Very bold nose and pounds of vanilla, earthy peat and a whack of hot spice.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 07:38:36 PM »
I don't know what you said but it sounds good