Author Topic: Medium boiled egg  (Read 7608 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Medium boiled egg
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 10:06:18 PM »
Made one last night, good idea Mike
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
Added some avocado "spread"* with it this morning.  Really tasty.

*: Spread is just avocado cut and beaten with some lemon juice and salt.  Makes a nice spread.

Been eating enough eggs like this that I might have to go back to buying a dozen at a time.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 09:58:42 PM »
>>Been eating enough eggs like this that I might have to go back to buying a dozen at a time.

how else can you buy them? half dozen I assume? I don't know if I remember seeing a half dozen pack....
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »
Yeah, been buying them in half dozen containers.  Was tired of throwing out old eggs. 

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 10:16:50 PM »
I made one this morning and put it on a pilsbury biscuit with a piece of cheese and some horse raddish sauce.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
not medium boiled related but kinda on topic...

I like to make McDonald's style egg-muffin sandwiches that come out pretty awesome only take about 2 minutes to make.

put an english muffin in the toaster.  Spray some Pam into a coffee mug and crack in an egg. Season to taste (I add salt, pepper and a shot of hot sauce) then whisk with fork.  Microwave the egg for 45 seconds.  Put a slice of cheese on your now-toasted english muffin and plop down your microwaved egg (which, thanks to the coffe mug, is now the perfect shape and size).  The heat melts the cheese and viola! a quick, tasty and relatively healthy breakfast sandwich.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »

I like to make McDonald's style egg-muffin sandwiches that come out pretty awesome only take about 2 minutes to make.

put an english muffin in the toaster.  Spray some Pam into a coffee mug and crack in an egg. Season to taste (I add salt, pepper and a shot of hot sauce) then whisk with fork.  Microwave the egg for 45 seconds.  Put a slice of cheese on your now-toasted english muffin and plop down your microwaved egg (which, thanks to the coffe mug, is now the perfect shape and size).  The heat melts the cheese and viola! a quick, tasty and relatively healthy breakfast sandwich.

I posted this a few years ago and u all laughed at me

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
I'm still disgusted by it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
Easy way to speed up the overall time: steam the egg instead of boiling it.  The cook time is the same but since you need a lot less water it takes less time to get the water boiling.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »
Did you notice a difference in the outcome?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
Nope

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
...but since you need a lot less water it takes less time to get the water boiling

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »
you asked if you still need to boil water to make steam. The answer is right on the quote, you still boil water but much less. Thus creating steam, which cooks the egg.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 10:59:55 PM »
How do you steam the egg? Don't you still need to boil
water to make steam?
I have a device that quickly pressurizes the pot.  The sudden increase in pressure case the water in the air to start boiling.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »

I may have to try this, but wtf is Pam?

edit>> nm. http://www.pamcookingspray.com/