Author Topic: skewers  (Read 3843 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
skewers
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:19 PM »
Grilling some skewers for dinner tonight. I got some lemon/garlic shrimp marinating. As well as some chicken cubes (my wife doesn't like shrimp). Can;t fucking wait.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: skewers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »
Nothing beats shrimp skewers on the grill man!! I'm jealous, it's Haydens birthday so dinner was his choice. He wanted french toast.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »
I had the shrimp on the grill too long - and they came out pretty dry. They still tasted pretty good, but were dry :( live and learn.

The chicken on the other hand was really really good.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
I used to use metal skewers but now we get cheap wooden ones and soak them in water before use.  Makes a world of difference but ultimately won't matter if you leave them on too long.  ;)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:15:14 AM »
I used to use metal skewers but now we get cheap wooden ones and soak them in water before use.  Makes a world of difference but ultimately won't matter if you leave them on too long.  ;)

:) I do have a good excuse for over cooking them though....it was so damn hot out that we stayed inside and my boy and I were putting together a wooden helicopter model - it came out pretty sweet!

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »

:) I do have a good excuse for over cooking them though....it was so damn hot out that we stayed inside and my boy and I were putting together a wooden helicopter model - it came out pretty sweet!

Are you hitting the 104-108 temps too? Brutal as all hell.

F metal ones, wooden soaked is the only way to go.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?