Author Topic: Getting a true vacation  (Read 1924 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Getting a true vacation
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:29:58 AM »
So we've taken random vacations almost every year with the kids.  But we've always gone to cities or somewhere hectic and it was never relaxing.  It never felt like a vacation and we never immediately wanted to go back.  We know that we're not 'beach' people but we've been searching for 'our' place for a while.  And I think we finally found it.  :)

My wife has wanted to go somewhere in the mountains for several years in the fall to experience all the colors and everything that it comes with.  So a few months ago we started seriously looking at Cabins in a number of places and settled on Tennessee.  There are a bunch of cabins around the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area and we found one that had everything we wanted.  It had plenty of space, an amazing view, and most importantly: a pool.  Our kids love to swim and it's probably the main thing they love about vacations. 

Long story short, I have never watched videos or seen pictures of a place and then went there and got the same impression until now.  This cabin was amazing and exactly like the video tour of it!!  It was beautiful... big pool, jacuzzi just outside, pool table and old school video games up in a loft, 3 bedrooms plus bunks out in the loft area, nice kitchen, big TV.  It was incredible!  We actually relaxed... forgot about life for a few days and just 'got away'.  And to top it off we even watched parts of the ALCS and the Indians won both games!  :)

The best part was how relaxed my daughter was.  We cooked every meal at the house because it reduces her anxiety about eating out due to her food allergies.  It was fun and relaxing for everyone and I think we'll go back again next year, probably even to the same cabin.  The only thing that could have been better was if it had been a little chillier (it was 80 each day) and if the trees had changed a little more (the mountains were only starting to change color).

Anyways... it's a great getaway if anyone is looking for something like that.  We went through a place called Cabin Fever Vacations and they were awesome, in case anyone is curious.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Getting a true vacation
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 09:48:23 AM »
Awesome man!  That does sound like a great place.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 10:01:58 AM »
Here's the place if anyone is curious: https://www.cabinfevervacations.com/cabin-detail/?cid=1291  I was going to post a panoramic of the view outside but it's like 12MB.

Here's a DB link in case anyone wants to see it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9wf5ptbqrn1bdx/File%20Oct%2016%2C%207%2007%2025%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
We tend to mix it up between "doing stuff" vacations and just relaxing, and I definitely agree that if you find a place where you can relax and have fun that's peaceful and beautiful then you've hit the vacation jackpot.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:21:06 PM »
we just mixed it up the other direction.

Multiple FoodNetwork venues in NYC.

Great times.  Great food and great drinks.  AirBNB and Uber rocked it for us.