Author Topic: Anyone know of good support software?  (Read 2654 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Anyone know of good support software?
« on: February 28, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »
So I have a client that I built an application for and now they want a support feature so people can get help and we can also post a bunch of documentation/help articles.  Does anyone know of a good open source or even paid solution that I can embed in another application?  I would even consider a standalone option that could sit outside the core application that I wrote.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Anyone know of good support software?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 08:40:58 AM »
We started looking at https://www.uservoice.com/ at work but didn't get too far with it.  It was a feedback and document search JS app that looked really interesting.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
Eh, that's not really what I'm looking for.  The support aspect is secondary, really.  What I'm trying to avoid doing is building a wiki/LMS portion for the content management.  I probably should have stated that first.  I don't know, maybe it's too much of a hassle for the people that need to manage this thing to handle a second set of credentials and whatnot.  I guess I'll just have to build it.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 11:57:55 AM »
Slack channel or some kind of Q/A site like StackExchange would be my suggestion and then you can have some people that work there (or yourself) answer some of the common questions. The Q/A forum would probably be better for offline support.
This signature intentionally left blank.