Poll

Which two teams will make the Super Bowl?

Chicago Bears
4 (23.5%)
Seattle Seahawks
0 (0%)
Philadelphia Eagles
2 (11.8%)
New Orleans Saints
1 (5.9%)
San Diego Chargers
5 (29.4%)
New England Patriots
2 (11.8%)
Indianapolis Colts
2 (11.8%)
Baltimore Ravens
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 14, 2007, 07:28:01 PM

Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 22619 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 08:47:01 PM »
Colts and Saints.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 10:50:42 PM »
Colts because they're in Indy
Saints because I have Faith
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 08:01:04 PM »
Da Bears sure showed up.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
yes they did. Da Bears!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:06:03 PM by axon »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »
The AFC game turned out to be pretty damn awesome, too.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2007, 10:58:20 PM »
screw the bears - I hate them.

However, the Colts took some of the sting out of it.  What a great game.

Go Colts!
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2007, 11:12:08 PM »
 :mad: damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it!  :mad:

--pats fan!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 12:26:39 AM »
I was in a room with two people from MA when they lost.  I laughed at them.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 12:51:06 AM »
Thank god I don't have to listen to a whole off season of Brady and Belichick being touted as the greatest of all time.

That was a great game though, I was about to turn the game off when it got 21-3 but decided to stick around for just a wee bit longer.  Glad I did :D

I still think the Saints were the better team, they just couldn't get any of the breaks to fall their way this game.  Too bad too, Saints vs Colts would have been a lot of fun, instead it'll likely be a blowout.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2007, 07:22:06 AM »
I think the Saints couldn't get started after the Refs slapped thier second and third posesssions away like flies.  The crowd advantage and the footing also effected the saints more than the bears.  Oh well, it happens.  Draft a set of DBs and do it next year.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2007, 09:41:33 AM »
> I think the Saints couldn't get started after the Refs slapped thier second and third posesssions away like flies

That's kind of a bitch move, kermi.  If they couldn't get pumped after Bush's crazy ass touchdown, they didn't really want it that bad.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
I had the same feeling about the calls having a big effect on the Saints, but at one point it was 16-14. If the Saints win the game from that point on they are probably in the Super Bowl, but the Bears played a little bit better (errr... 23-0 better). It actually reminded me of the last Super Bowl. Several important and marginal calls going against the losing team, but none of them were blatantly bad. I'm a Steeler fan and I rooted for the Saints, so now I can see both sides of the coin.

Now that the Saints lost at least I know who I'm going to be rooting for in two weeks. I wouldn't mind the Bears winning, but I always have a soft spot for guys that get the "can't win the big one" label so go Manning/Dungy/Colts.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »
By the way, maybe this is the first time I've seen a game played in Indy... but holy fuck that stadium got quiet when Manning was under center!  You could pretty much hear the audibles on TV!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2007, 01:46:19 PM »
I noticed that, too. And if something had just happened and the crowd was still buzzing, Manning would wave his arms and they'd go silent just like that. Well trained fans. :thumbsup:

I thought it was funny late in the game, though when it sounded like a few Patriots fans were purposefully trying to make it loud when he waved his arms. Not quite enough of them there to do any damage though.

Cshot

• Jackass III
  • Green Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2007, 05:24:13 PM »
This should be an interesting Super Bowl matchup. I can't help but think that Grossman might win a ring before Manning.