Author Topic: Women's Rights moving forward  (Read 2832 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Women's Rights moving forward
« on: December 09, 2021, 12:41:28 PM »
I meant to say, humans that menstruate, of course. I apologize. Go progressive rights!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWXro0IS_j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1QmLFtUemg

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Women's Rights moving forward
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 12:36:24 AM »
So FWIW, there is a vast discrepancy between biologically male vs. female athletes and I tend to agree that men should not be able to cross over and compete in women's sports and probably vice versa.  That's not to say men are superior but there is a difference and I do think that needs to be a conversation and it should not be allowed. 

However, I still don't agree with some of the language either of those hosts is using.  You can still be sensitive to transgender people and still not be ok with this situation.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 06:56:55 PM »
... and probably vice versa.

Nah, no reason to restrict historically men's sports leagues. These leagues are for the best of the best and if a woman can compete she should be allowed to. There are other leagues that have restrictions to help make sure certain groups that might otherwise be unable to compete for biological reasons (e.g. seniors, juniors, women, people with disabilities). I don't see anything wrong with that.

Drawing the line to ensure fair competition for those subgroups is often difficult given that the line is often blurry. That's certainly true for events like the paralympics. But they find a way to be inclusive but also as "fair" as possible. The same can be true for women's sports to be able to allow transgender women to compete but maintain the spirit of the separate league for women.

I didn't watch Jake's videos (his videos don't have a great track record of saying something interesting) so I'm not sure what the original point was, but how to handle transgender women wanting to compete in women's sports is a legitimate question in my opinion. I'd just say that the idea that allowing transgender women to compete in women's leagues will somehow cause significant harm to the women currently trying to compete is pretty silly. Better to error on a fairly inclusive set of rules to allow all women to compete but do so in a reasonably fair (biologically speaking) way.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 08:55:45 PM »
but, but Charlie the tucker video has a liberal feminist in it! :D

Southpark tackled this a couple of years ago https://southpark.cc.com/video-clips/k9p0us/south-park-go-strong-woman-go
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 11:35:20 PM »
I'm busy man... if you want to say something, say it! I don't have time for videos.