Author Topic: SSD Upgrade?  (Read 7066 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: SSD Upgrade?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
Wait, doesn't Linux have a remote desktop client now? It's been a while since I've cared, but I seem to remember connecting to windows machines from my Ubuntu laptop. Life is so much better when you don't have to use Windows.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 07:21:15 PM »
offtopic: company doesn't provide you with a laptop?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 07:37:58 PM »
lots of people have laptops from work, but they're mostly account services people or project managers.  I have a 27" iMac and second giant monitor attached to it on my desk and, up until this week there's technically been no work-from-home policy that would have me work from anywhere other than my desk.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:12:30 PM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 09:20:58 PM »
What do you need remote desktop for?  I work from home about half the time (official we get 3 days @home but lately we've been coming in for a half day in the middle) and I just worked directly from the laptop.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 09:43:26 PM »
we use this dumb software for project management but it lives on an internal server and can't be accessed from outside the building.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 10:22:22 PM »
Sounds like they need to update their network then. Is it web based or app based?  I'd look into setting up a ssh tunnel to get around the need for remote desktop