Author Topic: So I talked to my counsler at school...  (Read 2540 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
So I talked to my counsler at school...
« on: May 12, 2005, 07:24:30 PM »
And he told me I had to take some GE courses before I can transfer to the UC system.  One of the classes can be from the Theatre Arts section.  I'm thinking of taking
TA 310    Introduction to Film    3 Units
Description: This course explores the artistic, business, and social elements of modern film. It examines the elements that go into making films: acting, directing, cinematography, writing and editing. It investigates the techniques used to manipulate the audience into fear, laughter and sadness; and compares the commercial box office hit and "movie star" to enduring artistic films and actors. The class will view and analyze films to evaluate filmmaking techniques and the impact of films and the movie business on society.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 08:14:38 PM »
Sounds interesting.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »
I don't think that will be an interesting class, it seems to be too broad. If you want to take a film study class, see if your English department offers something - thats what I took, and it was great. The class met once a week for three hours, during which we saw a movie (or part of one), and then discussed it. I think there was 6 essays to write throughout the semester. Easy and fun A.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 09:30:11 PM »
Quote from: axon
I don't think that will be an interesting class, it seems to be too broad. If you want to take a film study class, see if your English department offers something - thats what I took, and it was great. The class met once a week for three hours, during which we saw a movie (or part of one), and then discussed it. I think there was 6 essays to write throughout the semester. Easy and fun A.

I don't think you see the point.  I need an art class not an english class (already taken the ones I need) so I'm trying to find the easist, don't have to create shit, class I can find.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 09:39:05 PM »
I thought "counselor" he's gone crazy...:D

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 09:40:26 PM »
hello?  doesn't you school offer like art history 1 or 2?  i took art history 1 (over the internet no less), read a chapter once a week, did a quick little summary that was posted to the group and we discussed.  had a total of 4 tests, all online so i just used my book and got all A's.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 09:40:41 PM »
Oh I'm long past crazy :)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 09:44:42 PM »
Code: [Select]

X--------X--------------- [size=5]∞[/size] -------------------X
Sane    Insane                                   Me

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 09:48:50 PM »
Quote from: drakkenkorin
hello?  doesn't you school offer like art history 1 or 2?  i took art history 1 (over the internet no less), read a chapter once a week, did a quick little summary that was posted to the group and we discussed.  had a total of 4 tests, all online so i just used my book and got all A's.

Not that I saw with a quick glance.  The thing is there is a list of "accepted" class that transfer so I have to make sure its on the list.  I still have time as I won't take that class till next spring.  This fall I get to take Pol Sci Intro to US Government weeee!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Sang-drax

• You created me, friend, you created me.
  • Jackass IV
    • http://strandmark.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 06:18:44 PM »
I've taken a film study class for 20 weeks. I enjoyed it very much -- it was very different from mathematics. :) (not that I don't like math)