Author Topic: I'm not a radical, but  (Read 2683 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: I'm not a radical, but
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 01:08:29 AM »
I'm more productive listening to music. Don't know why but 9/10 if i code while listening to Linkin Park the code actually works
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »
Same thing with listening to music at work (sorry, ober)
You have a problem with people listening to music at work?  Why?  It helps me focus, and when people around you are on the phone 80% of the day, it's hard to concentrate otherwise.  If you walk up behind me, I'm going to notice.  I have a phone, I'm on IM.  It's not hard to get my attention unless you're the asswipe that sits across the cubicle hallway and says my name in a normal tone of voice like I'm supposed to hear you.  Maybe I'm trying to fucking concentrate on something instead of answering your asanine questions every 5 minutes or proof-reading your fucking emails when I never suggest that they be changed.

/rant

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 08:41:18 AM »
Wow, chill out dude

I shouldn't have said "listening to music at work", but there are a lot of people here who have big over the ear headphones and never notice when someone walks into their cube.  Some of them even wander around with the headphones on while they go do errands around the office.  It just strikes me as unprofessional.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 09:48:13 AM »
I work better with something on too...small earbuds though....never walk around the halls with them on at all during the school day, or with more than 1 earbud in before/after school....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 10:16:59 AM »
>>You have a problem with people listening to music at work?  Why?  It helps me focus, and when people around you are on the phone 80% of the day, it's hard to concentrate otherwise.  If you walk up behind me, I'm going to notice.  I have a phone, I'm on IM.  It's not hard to get my attention unless you're the asswipe that sits across the cubicle hallway and says my name in a normal tone of voice like I'm supposed to hear you.  Maybe I'm trying to fucking concentrate on something instead of answering your asanine questions every 5 minutes or proof-reading your fucking emails when I never suggest that they be changed.<<

Yeah - what he said!

I'm not a fan of earphones at work, I'd rather you listen to your music at a reasonable volume (i.e. not everyone in the office should be able to hear it, only you and maybe the person on the otherside of the cube-wall).
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 10:24:02 AM »
I'd rather you listen to your music at a reasonable volume
That didn't work too well for Milton did it?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
Same thing with listening to music at work (sorry, ober)
You have a problem with people listening to music at work?  Why?  It helps me focus, and when people around you are on the phone 80% of the day, it's hard to concentrate otherwise.  If you walk up behind me, I'm going to notice.  I have a phone, I'm on IM.  It's not hard to get my attention unless you're the asswipe that sits across the cubicle hallway and says my name in a normal tone of voice like I'm supposed to hear you.  Maybe I'm trying to fucking concentrate on something instead of answering your asanine questions every 5 minutes or proof-reading your fucking emails when I never suggest that they be changed.

/rant

THAAT was awesome. 

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »
BTW I think within reason listening to podcasts or music or whatever is fine at work as long it is kept semi reasonable.  I do it all the time and it helps me stay on track.  Also helps to drown out noises that interfere with my concentration. 

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 07:47:28 PM »
Yeah, I work in a newsroom with people yammering (on the phone and otherwise) constantly, so I have earphones on most of the time. I only have one person who sits next to me, and he's off in another world of music moreso than I, so I have headphones that let in a lot of noise in case someone needs me.

The one thing I reeeaaallllyyy hate about the office? The fact that there are much dumber people making much more important decisions.