Author Topic: Windows question  (Read 2310 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Windows question
« on: July 28, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
XP

I'm updating alot of my music collections ID3V1/2 tags, because as we all know downloads and cd rips dont always have things the way you want them. Problem is all the mp3s are read only, and i have to keep going into the artist's folder and taking that off. Since i have over 19k of mp3s its getting old as im going down the playlist to keep opening the artist's folders. Now my directory structure is:

My Music -> Artist/Band name (folder) -> mp3s

I opened my music, hit ctrl a and then properties but i cant "un" read only them all that way. So my question is there a way to remove the read only tag from all 19,000 at once?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: Windows question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 02:29:54 PM »
Right click on My Music, click properties, uncheck read only, click apply

Should work  :dunno:

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 02:30:46 PM »
Oh it probably also asks if you want to apply the changes to all sub-folders/files

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 03:02:53 PM »
hmmm....the first time i did that the box wasnt checked. This time it was, so that worked.

ty
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?