Author Topic: Homemade Apple Pie  (Read 3127 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Homemade Apple Pie
« on: August 21, 2011, 03:15:41 PM »
As if theres any other kind  :dblthumb2: So we finally nailed the right combo, and this tastes EXACTLY like Mcdonalds apple pie and goes down just as warm and smooth  :woot:

1 Gallon Apple Juice
1/2 Gallon Apple Cider
6 Cinnamon Sticks

I bought all "great value" stuff for this batch, and its amazing. We had been using pricey stuff before so for this, you can just go cheap. Combine the three into a good size pot, cover with a lid (make sure it has a good seal) and bring to a boil. As soon as it hits a rolling boil, bring it down to just a simmer, and leave it covered. Allow to simmer for 2 hours. Keep an eye on it to make sure it does not start to boil again.

After two hours remove from heat source and allow to cool. At this point you could probably use a bunch of ice to rapid cool it, but I would just remain patient as to not mix in a bunch of water.

now that it is cool, pour in 1 Litre of Everclear, and mix well. Enjoy! For storage We pour it back into the everclear bottle and cap it tight, then the rest goes into green lager bottles with the "snap down pressure caps". That seems to store it best, but I have also left it in a cheap flask for months and had it taste perfect. Some people chill it, I don't.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Homemade Apple Pie
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:39:37 PM »
Clarify for me exactly why you're trying to mirror a food from McDonalds??

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
Clarify for me exactly why you're trying to mirror a food from McDonalds??

We werent, we were trying to mirror a version of this I had in a very old mason jar that an old friend of my dads had made. It just gives an idea as to the final taste. It's been years since I had pie there, so I'm not even sure its 100% accurate
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
That time of year again!! Brewing up a few gallons of this to age hopefully this weekend