Author Topic: Vista RC1  (Read 2609 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Vista RC1
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:10:59 AM »
I took the plunge and installed it.  In the half hour I've been using it, I'm not utterly repulsed, so good job MS!

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Vista RC1
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
It running stably for you?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »
Yeah, pretty stable.  I have a 1.8 GHz Pentium M processor, 1 gig of ram, and a crappy integrated graphics card.  Except for anything that's graphics intensive for the OS (which in my case, includes included most of the included screensavers), things have been good.  I don't really need fancy schmancy graphics though, so it's all good. 

I guess my only complaint was a few of the software conflicts.  Symantec doesn't work, so I just uninstalled it and reinstalled AVG, and for some reason, after several hours of AIM working fine, the window just didn't show up, so I reinstalled Trillian.  I haven't for the life of me figured out why Opera's wand feature isn't working, but that's the most annoying part.

Oh, that, and how they renamed the structure of the default users groups.  "Documents and Settings/All Users" turned into "Users/Public" and it took me forever to find my music files.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
It's stable but its a joke. And the way Microsoft/intel are going with all this anti-piracy stuff i have been getting cozy with my fav linux distro in the last few months =]
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 11:54:11 PM »
My computer got blue screens a bunch of times starting up (causing it to shut down again) after it shut down randomly a first time just a little while ago.  I think it might've been moving the taskbar to the other monitor.  Or playing music from my ipod that keeps freezing up.  Neither situation is very fun.