Author Topic: Paypal Pro  (Read 2190 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Paypal Pro
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »
I know I've asked this on here before, but what the hell.  I'm trying to integrate Paypal pro onto yet another site and for some reason it's letting invalid CVV2 and expiration dates proceed.  Anyone know why that might be?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Paypal Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
I feel like I'm the one who helped last time, but its been a long time since I got that deep with PP.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:02:50 AM »
I'm switching to all new code and a new version of the API.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »
I was actually looking at paypal pro recently, but so many things offer integration that it almost seems like a waste
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
... mother fucker... it's giving me a 'success' acknowledgement and processing the payment despite the fact that the address verification and cvv2 is giving an invalid response code.  I really hate this API.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 10:54:41 PM »
>>I really hate this API

Are you surprised by this?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »
Learn something new every day.  This is from help on the Paypal site from one of their support staff:

First, it is up to the card issuer / bank to approve the transaction based on the AVS or CVV2

If the card issuer or bank approves the transaction with wrong address or CVV2 but you want this to be declined, you can add PayPal Fraud Management Filters (FMF) to your accounts to decline such transactions. This can be found in your account under Profile.  The FMF filters when setup in your account can check for responses returned for AVS / CVV2 and then decline the transaction based on your filter settings.

So ultimately my client can upgrade for $20/month (in addition to the $30 for the pro account) plus .05 per transaction.  It's up to him at this point.  I just thought this was odd.  It is nice that PP provides that service and it is quite a lot of filters you can check and you decide whether to deny, review or flag the transaction.