Author Topic: Favorite fruit  (Read 5440 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Favorite fruit
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »
Today, while eating a mango, I thought about what are my favorite fruit. I really didn't have a problem naming them right off:

1. Apples - I like sweet and/or sour apples. Any variety. must be crisp - not mushy (sp?) All year round. I eat at least one apple every day, and there are always apples at my house.
2. Mangoes (not manila) - red and green. So good and refreshing. Sometimes I like to dice them but leave them still on the skin and put some fresh lime juice on...try it on a hot summer day!
3. Cherries - I fucking really like cherries. Sweet or the sour ones. Too bad the sour ones are so hard o come by. They have to be big. The yellow/orange ones are the best. I love sour cherry wine....mmmm

so what are your top three fruit?

Oranges, mandarins, grapefruit (all citrus) are right behind the top three for me =)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Re: Favorite fruit
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 04:20:43 AM »
Apples. Sour and crispy. Definitely not mushy.

Fresh pineapple.

Mangoes, but only if they're slightly sour, and I hate preparing them.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:53:17 AM »
Ranier cherries.

Peaches.

Little unidentified oranges I would eat in Shanghai in the fall.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »

Rob, I have a good way for you then. Rinse under water first. Without pealing the skin, cu the mango in half (or almost in half; around the pit). Score the two halves with vertical and horizontal lines, but not all the way through not to break the skin. Now bend the half and enjoy. No mess :)

I'll make pictures later today if I don't forget.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 08:10:20 AM »
That's what we do to mangoes too!

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »
Raspberries, strawberries, pineapple (especially grilled)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »
Strawberries, grapes (especially frozen), pineapples....and then during the fall I love Satsumas.  We used to have a tree in the backyard before Katrina killed it - I'd go back and pick one everyday after school.  So good, and so easy to peel/eat.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »

Rob, I have a good way for you then. Rinse under water first. Without pealing the skin, cu the mango in half (or almost in half; around the pit). Score the two halves with vertical and horizontal lines, but not all the way through not to break the skin. Now bend the half and enjoy. No mess :)

I'll make pictures later today if I don't forget.
That's what we do to mangoes too!

I don't eat mangoes much, but my kids, my wife and her entire family do. And they do it that way, too. They only eat the manila ones, though, so you fail there axon.

One extra point about how to eat a mango... the cut in half should be vertical. We do two cuts. Stand the mango up on end and looking from above cut into thirds. The outer slices can be cut the way axon describes and the inner slice which has the pit can be peeled and then gnawed on.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »
Oh, and I love fruit. I'm not sure I can name a favorite, though. I've been enjoying pineapple lately, I've always been a fan of apples, and I like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, bananas, oranges, tangerines, tangelos, pears, peaches (canned), grapes and cherries.

There are quite a few fruits that I'm not generally a fan of, though: apricots, plums, dates, figs (unless in a newton), grapefruits, kiwi, guava, honeydew.

Some fruits are only really used for flavoring that I'm cool with, like lemon, lime and kalamansi.

And then there are fruits that are actually fruits but nobody thinks of as fruits like tomatoes, zucchini, nuts, avocados, and others that I like, too.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 11:24:12 AM »
wild blueberries (but locally fresh-picked are good too)
grapefruits.
limes.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 11:57:33 AM »
You actually just eat limes?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 12:05:38 PM »
Drak and ken

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
Ahluka just cried a little.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 01:22:43 PM »
You actually just eat limes?

I can't say I've ever peeled and ate a lime as is, such as one would do with an orange... but I have eaten many a lime wedge after it has been well soaked in a delicious beverage such as a cola, lager*, or mixed drink.  Somehow this brings out the natural sweetness and, while limes are tart, they're not really bitter like lemons.

*it hard to get them back out of the bottle though :(
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »
Ahluka just cried a little.
where the hell is he anyway