Author Topic: Random Collection of Information  (Read 29812 times)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Random Collection of Information
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2008, 08:27:52 PM »

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Tammet

Experiencing numbers as colors or sensations is a well-documented form of synaesthesia, but the detail and specificity of Tammet's mental imagery of numbers is unusual. In his mind, he says, each integer up to 10,000 has its own unique shape, color, texture and feel. He can intuitively "see" results of calculations as synesthesic landscapes without using conscious mental effort, and that he can "sense" whether a number is prime or composite

[...]
Tammet holds the European record for reciting pi from memory to 22,514 digits in five hours and nine minutes.
[...]
Tammet is capable of learning new languages very quickly. To prove this for a Channel Five documentary, Tammet was challenged to learn Icelandic in one week. Seven days later he appeared on Icelandic television conversing in Icelandic, with his Icelandic language instructor saying it was "not human" and "genius!".

RobR

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

salvelinus

• Founders
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2010, 11:11:56 AM »
Brian May, guitarist for the band Queen, has a PhD. in astrophysics. Dissertation was on zodiacal light.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2011, 10:30:55 PM »

"The human baby and the mouse shown here have similar white patches on their foreheads because both have mutations in the same gene (called kit), required for the development and maintenance of pigment cells."
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
What I've reading on Wikipedia
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »
I figured, we have threads for music, youtube and time wasting games; why not random things we've found on wikipedia worth sharing?

Anyway, I'll start it off:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_B._Sherman

I just finished watching "Saving Mr Banks" and Robert Sherman was a minor character played by BJ Novak.  If you're a fan of classic Dinsey musicals and movies from the 60's or theme park rides with affiliated songs (like "Its a small word" or the Carousel of Progress) than this guy (and his brother) are the ones to thank! Also, he fought in WWII where he was shot in the leg (and subsequently walked with a cane for his entire life.)  He just passed away 2 years ago.  What a neat life.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2014, 11:42:26 PM »
I figured, we have threads for music, youtube and time wasting games; why not random things we've found on wikipedia worth sharing?

ethic agrees with you 9 years ago and apparently I have mod powers to take advantage. :)

yoshi

• I AM A COW
  • Jackass IV
  • Thingy
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2015, 06:45:14 PM »
Paarthurnax is voiced by Mario.

Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

STFU SMF.
GO AWAY