Author Topic: 28 Day Fast  (Read 971 times)

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
28 Day Fast
« on: May 24, 2017, 12:08:51 AM »
Gonna start Monday. I'm accepting sponsors. $1 / calorie I don't eat.
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
Re: 28 Day Fast
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
Down 19.6 lbs since August 21st. Didn't do the 28 day straight fast. Started with a 5-day water, coffee fast. Lost 8lns in those first 9 days (most of that being water and glycogen).

After the first week, did about 4 day fasts during the week and ate Friday night - Sunday night, limiting processed sugars. I would still eat tiNY things during the fasting days: pickles, tiny bag pistachios, guacamole. BUT intake was minimal. Doing one-meal-a-day fasting right now, scone and coffee.

Tonnes of way to fast: alternate day, sustained, one-meal-a-day, 8hr/16hr, etc.

Wanna get down another 10 or 15. If you're not on medication, I recommend it. It's definitely the most efficient pathway. Nature doesnt have an abundance of food. We store fat so we can go periods without eating. But you won't start burning fat until you've depleted the glycogen from your liver and muscles. Body stores about two days worth.

Watch Dr. Fung.

On my Monday weigh-ins, after eating weekend, I would be up 3-5 lbs. But that was mostly undigested food still in me.  By day 3 it would be gone and I would be down another 2-3 lbs by end of week. Averaged about 0.8lbs on pure fast days
I watch you...

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »
Good luck ethic.

I'll be honest in that it goes against everything I've read/heard about healthy ways to lose weight, but I'm not an expert at all so I'll just say I hope it works out for you. :thumbsup:

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »
It's exercise part of your routine? Seems like a balance of diet and exercise is key to sustaining weight loss.

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 08:42:41 PM »
It's exercise part of your routine? Seems like a balance of diet and exercise is key to sustaining weight loss.

I eat on weekends because I go hiking. I also walk 3.5miles to work, and 3.5 miles back every day.

I've always been able to maintain pretty much. It's just those last few pounds that won't go away.

>goes against everything I've read/heard about healthy ways to lose weight

yeah, myths. Look to the bears, man. Look to the bears.
I watch you...

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:02:33 AM »
:thumbsup:

Last summer I was biking to work, 7km each way. It was great. This year I haven't say all though, have to drive the kids...

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 12:21:36 AM »
Been eating daily the last couple months. Ended up at about 30lbs down. Gonna start back up again, starting with a five day fast to get all sugar out my muscles,  and then go back to alternating between 3 and 4 days per week. I just feel gross having food in me.

This is a good article

https://besynchro.com/blogs/blog/the-profound-benefits-of-fasting-and-autophagy
I watch you...

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 08:27:37 AM »
Haven't done a pure fast except for maybe <5, individual 24-hour fasts since last summer. Started the new gear out with an 80-hour fast, only consuming tea. It went alright, but I was over confident in my digestive abilities and broke my fast with a whole rotisserie chicken. Then had a big breakfast the following morning.

Not recommended. Next time I'll break it with soup.

I have two more fasts scheduled this month: a 100hr and a 120hr, before I switch to maintenance.

My lowest weigh-in was 31lbs down and about 3" off my waste. From October through holidays due to a lot of stress eating because I don't really want to be an electrician, I gained about 3lbs.

Back in '02 or when I first transitioned from fat kid to skinny-fat kid, I did so via the, "Subway Diet." It was all the rage back then. Technically, though, I was just doing One Meal A Day fasting regimen.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for maintenance.  Either a 48-hr fast during the week, or OMAD or 16-hour fast and 8-hour feeding window

I recommend it. Check the research. Some countries have fasting as part of their public health policies.

Look up Dr Fung.
I watch you...